Pictures of new BCV rooms

Yes. Even Jambo had the jetted tubs just no separate shower stall. I think it's rather an important change to amenities to remove that type of tub.

Thanks for confirming that detail. So, at what degree of change is there a chance to complain and have the decision reversed? What's next? I know this may seem like small potatoes to some, but I'm aggravated by this change. And, do you think other "legacy" DVCs will receive the same treatment at refurb time? Will the new VWL II units have jetted tubs since those will be new rooms that must be sold? Am I sounding a bit jaded :-)?

Thanks for confirming that detail. So, at what degree of change is there a chance to complain and have the decision reversed? What's next? I know this may seem like small potatoes to some, but I'm aggravated by this change. And, do you think other "legacy" DVCs will receive the same treatment at refurb time? Will the new VWL II units have jetted tubs since those will be new rooms that must be sold? Am I sounding a bit jaded :-)?

Reversed? Never.

Elsewhere it was reported they have removed the window that was between the bathroom and the master bed. And the new tub is just a soaker.

Where did you read this? I haven't been able to find confirmation of this by anyone that has actually seen the tubs.

It won't stop this but it might sway future decisions to do the same. Reports are coming out that they really listened to the members for this refurb. If that's true then they really ought to listen to feedback now for the next one. If they hear nothing they'll assume it was appreciated by everyone.

Where did you read this? I haven't been able to find confirmation of this by anyone that has actually seen the tubs.
Sorry Sammie - it was a trip report elsewhere but I know the site is blocked. I'm sure there's going to be a few popping up here soon as they seem to be moving along quickly on the project. They did not have a direct picture of it but what was shown of the tub you should have been able to see some of the shutter I believe but it was only wall - and they reported it was removed.

LOOKING FORWARD to seeing the newly renovated studios for our October F&W trip!:woohoo: CAN'T WAIT!:cheer2:

I am sure it will get no where, but I emailed DVC Member Services this, if others are pissed, please consider doing the same:

I am reading that the Beach Club Villas are doing a large renovation right now and some of the new rooms have already had visitors. They are posting that the Jet Tubs are gone!

If this is true, this is a very large change and most everyone that is finding this out is not happy. How come no members were contacted and asked if they were OK with no longer having Jet Tubs in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas?

Since 1992, all DVCs have had jet tubs or jacuzzi's in the 1 Bedroom and up Villas. This is a big change to take place without even asking those that are paying for this if they are OK with it. Please give me the contact information to the group that was allowed to make this decision without even considering checking with the owners.

Last edited:
Will the Murphy bed be in all category rooms? Like Studio, one bedroom, etc..
They can't make the current configuration of the murphy bed fit in an OKW studio. Too many short walls and angles. The only long wall has the two queen beds.

I am sure it will get no where, but I emailed DVC Member Services this, if others are pissed, please consider doing the same:

I am reading that the Beach Club Villas are doing a large renovation right now and some of the new rooms have already had visitors. They are posting that the Jet Tubs are gone!

If this is true, this is a very large change and most everyone that is finding this out is not happy. How come no members were contacted and asked if they were OK with no longer having Jet Tubs in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas?

Since 1992, all DVCs have had jet tubs or jacuzzi's in the 1 Bedroom and up Villas. This is a big change to take place without even asking those that are paying for this if they are OK with it. Please give me the contact information to the group that was aloud to make this decision without even considering checking with the owners.

They don't need to.

Correct, they don't. They can be ***holes whenever they feel like it. Doesn't mean I can't call them out.

Sure, I was just answering why they didn't ask members about the change. And won't ask us about future changes either...considering we "own" about 99% of the points, we have very little say in anything DVC.

Since 1992, all DVCs have had jet tubs or jacuzzi's in the 1 Bedroom and up Villas. This is a big change to take place without even asking those that are paying for this if they are OK with it. Please give me the contact information to the group that was aloud to make this decision without even considering checking with the owners.

Issues other that reservations should be emailed to member satisfaction not member services.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

:earsboy: Bill

It would be very nice to learn that the trip reporters just aren't seeing the bubblers, as it is a different type of tub, but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised that the reason "guests requested" they not do that is because of the complaints about those tubs coming on for their self cleaning cycles. :rolleyes: Time for some detailed shots of everything from someone! ::yes::

As for quality, over the years I've seen many reports and photos of people entering newly-renovated rooms only to find stained carpets, scratched walls, broken cabinets and other damage.

Speaking as someone familiar with wood floors and laminates, yeah, they're gonna scratch under heavy use (and unavoidable abuse.) Even the best materials. Scratches can often be masked with the proper cleaning solution / cover-up.

Personally I still think it's a better material choice in those high-traffic villa living spaces. Between the shoes, food & drink, suitcases, luggage carts and other stain-producers, the laminate will hold up much better than carpet. Housekeeping rarely has time to properly deep-clean carpets, leaving most guests exposed to months worth of stains, dirt and bacteria.
But the studios, that get the most traffic, have carpet, that stains and is more difficult to clean. The bedrooms don't have the laminate. Just the living rooms and kitchens.

It would be very nice to learn that the trip reporters just aren't seeing the bubblers, as it is a different type of tub, but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised that the reason "guests requested" they not do that is because of the complaints about those tubs coming on for their self cleaning cycles. :rolleyes: Time for some detailed shots of everything from someone! ::yes::

I can't remember which thread I read this on, but someone called Beach Club and was told the new tubs were soakers only, no jets. We can hope the CM was mistaken.

See the issue will always be that member feedback on changes will never be the same. I love the new decor and I am fine with only a soaker tub. I know they will be easier to keep sanitized.

See the issue will always be that member feedback on changes will never be the same. I love the new decor and I am fine with only a soaker tub. I know they will be easier to keep sanitized.

Except what we BOUGHT had whirlpool tubs. This is another big downgrade.

All the appliances have changed over the years, TVs and such. As to whether going from jetted tubs to soaker tubs is a downgrade to me is personal. I am glad for the change. I will actually use it now.

Pretty sure there is nothing in the contract to guarantee no changes. I for one was very disappointed about the change to the standard issue white china dishes, but I just got over and now never give it a thought. I understand why they did it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter