Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

DSC02547-X2.jpg

Why did they?

I'm curious also. And when did they stop? I just looked at my 2014 pictures and the presents are gone. I didn't even notice then.

I can't tell in my 2011 pictures; too dark but they might be gone also.

They are definitely there in my 2007 pictures though. So after 2007 maybe?

I'm curious also. And when did they stop? I just looked at my 2014 pictures and the presents are gone. I didn't even notice then.

I'm thinking maybe around 2010? They used to have the tree lighting with the characters also. That went first, then the presents. They used to have the guy there also that played the big chimes (I think that is what he played) but he was eliminated also.

Why did they?

Oh, I thought it was because it took up to much room? They wanted a more Christmas tree and less presents I guess. That's what I think at least.

The last year they were there was 2008. :(

I'm thinking maybe around 2010? They used to have the tree lighting with the characters also. That went first, then the presents. They used to have the guy there also that played the big chimes (I think that is what he played) but he was eliminated also.

2008 was the last year. It left the same year as the lighted arches. I have a presents of the Christmas tree from 2009 with no pictures in front of it.

I remember the guy with the big piano/chimes thing (is it called a carillon?) What was his name? I'll have to look it up.
And I also remember the characters at the tree lighting-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter