Pie That Brownie, Fruitcake! Updated Post #1832 - The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great review of CA Grill. That sushi looked delicious. Why is everyone reviewing sushi today, I am sooo hungry for it right now. But, there's always lunch tomorrow. ;)

Jason looked very James Bondish with his drink. Hopefully it was shaken, not stirred. :rotfl2:

And finally add me to the club that's happy you thought everyone was 40. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading Bridget - glad you enjoyed it! There has been a lot of sushi being posted all of a sudden .. and it's all looked wonderful!! YUM!

I don't know how his drink was made ... :laughing: ... he was a good hubby and ordered at the bar for us while we waited for our table! :goodvibes

Yes thank you! I'm recovered sufficiently...nose stopped bleeding. My dog is following me around rather closely...like I might snot something else out my nose. A human vending machine for dogs if you will.

hopefully I will NEVER again deliver a treat to my dog by way of snotting it out my nose.

because that is called YUCK.::yes::

I had forgotten how dang funny y'all are!!! Those pictures of the birthday hat making its way around the table...:rotfl2: I can't WAIT to try the Tequila Cave. Seriously...the original "margarita" stand has truly disappointed me over the years. The margaritas taste of ice and alcohol...which I suppose gets the job done...but the proverbial "It tastes like burning" comes to mind every single time I indulge! ick.

Fabulous writing Bendy!!!! Loving it and can't wait to read the rest!!!

:goodvibes

Thanks again Campbell ... I'm always happy when we're able to share a little laughter with our friendies here on the DIS. :goodvibes The Ditch is great - you will love it!! :thumbsup2

I have to warn you ... the writing gets kind of dull after the the Ditch ... I'm just trying to wrap things up at this point. Consider yourself duly warned. ;)

Great update, Brenda! I had been hoping to go to Cali Grill for the 1st time last month to celebrate the kids birthdays. But, alas, on the day we were due to go, DS11 got strep. He felt O.K. but wasn't eating, so we passed. I will get there someday!
Scallops is one of my favorite foods. :lovestruc I have them a lot when we go out to dinner locally. But, the thing that really interests me at CG is the appetizers. They all look so good.:thumbsup2

And again I am playing catch up! :rotfl2:

Great review of the Cali Grill! My favourite place to eat! ;)
Still have to talk Tom into trying more sushi there, :lmao: it's always SOOOOOOO hard to decide between the flatbreads and the sushi!

I had to :lmao: when you said that you love the pork tenderloin as we usually go to Cali Grill twice during a vacation so I can have the tenderloin and try something new! :rotfl:
The ostrich looks mouthwatering and I want those scallops right NOW!

Thanks for doing such great and fun reviews for us! :flower3: :hug:

Great update, Brenda! I had been hoping to go to Cali Grill for the 1st time last month to celebrate the kids birthdays. But, alas, on the day we were due to go, DS11 got strep. He felt O.K. but wasn't eating, so we passed. I will get there someday!
Scallops is one of my favorite foods. :lovestruc I have them a lot when we go out to dinner locally. But, the thing that really interests me at CG is the appetizers. They all look so good.:thumbsup2

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to CA Grill on your last trip - hopefully next time will work out better for you. :hug: We've always been pretty pleased with their appetizer selections - they have a nice variety that changes up pretty frequently. :thumbsup2

And again I am playing catch up! :rotfl2:

Great review of the Cali Grill! My favourite place to eat! ;)
Still have to talk Tom into trying more sushi there, :lmao: it's always SOOOOOOO hard to decide between the flatbreads and the sushi!

I had to :lmao: when you said that you love the pork tenderloin as we usually go to Cali Grill twice during a vacation so I can have the tenderloin and try something new! :rotfl:
The ostrich looks mouthwatering and I want those scallops right NOW!

Thanks for doing such great and fun reviews for us! :flower3: :hug:

Thanks for taking the time to read Karin - of course you're trying to catch up when you're reading my silliness and trying to write your own reviews too!

I love their polenta with that pork tenderloin but I'm really glad I ordered all new things on this visit - everything was really tasty this time around!

Ah, the french martini. I fell in love with it too. :cloud9: So glad you had a good evening at CG. Everything looks quite delish!

Ah, the french martini. I fell in love with it too. :cloud9: So glad you had a good evening at CG. Everything looks quite delish!

One of my favorite drinks to order at the World! :thumbsup2 And we did have a great evening there - fabulous food and darn good service too ... I'm glad that happened while X&Y were with us. :goodvibes

One of my favorite drinks to order at the World! :thumbsup2 And we did have a great evening there - fabulous food and darn good service too ... I'm glad that happened while X&Y were with us. :goodvibes

So glad you turned me on to that baby!;) I've ordered them a few places but CG's was far better than the rest.:thumbsup2

Well, the frozen margarita that I had ... the swirly one ... was pretty good. I'd order that again.

That's the margarita/sangria combo. Mangled Margarita sounds about right, and yeah, they were pretty good. I didn't try any of the real food at Paradiso, but some of the apps were tasty - the crazy corn app and the steak skewers were outstanding. Skip the sopapillas though - ick.

You're dinner at Cal. G looks very yummy. It's the one place (along with V&A) that I'm really tempted to try, but only with dh and no kiddoes. I'm hungry for good scallops now.

Bendy,

Add mine to the list of mixed reviews on Cali. Loved it the first year, thought it was just "eh" the next two times, then last fall it was GREAT! So I guess you never know....

I do think they make the best Lemon Drops on property and I LOVE their flatbreads. That cheese/pesto/sundried tomato one is my fave! I have not yet taken the sushi leap (other than california rolls), but I know theirs is top notch from my friends who do enjoy such things. Oh, and my crew and I did hit the CG lounge one night (LATE, just as the kitchen was closing) and had drinks and flatbreads and wonderful, entertaining service. It was lovely! I agree that fireworks from there (and the crowd that goes with 'em) are not the best. I'd much rather be on Main Street.

I am happy to see some alternatives to the Filet and the Pork Tenderloin. I may have to try those scallops next time. They look fabulous!:thumbsup2

Have just booked a lil birthday weekend for myself & the hubby in October. I think we'll be there later than you, though (10/14-17). I now have a renewed interest in the F&W offerings, so I may have to reread this sucker!!;)

As always, thanks for the entertainment :goodvibes

So glad you turned me on to that baby!;) I've ordered them a few places but CG's was far better than the rest.:thumbsup2

Glad you liked it - one of the best drinks evah! :thumbsup2

That's the margarita/sangria combo. Mangled Margarita sounds about right, and yeah, they were pretty good. I didn't try any of the real food at Paradiso, but some of the apps were tasty - the crazy corn app and the steak skewers were outstanding. Skip the sopapillas though - ick.

Thank you ... I wasn't sure if Mangled Margarita was the right name after all this time. The appetizers do sound kind of good ... maybe we will find time to give some a try this fall.

You're dinner at Cal. G looks very yummy. It's the one place (along with V&A) that I'm really tempted to try, but only with dh and no kiddoes. I'm hungry for good scallops now.

Those scallops were terrific - I hope you get a chance to try CA Grill some day ... you would like it! Thanks for taking the time to take a read ... I know you've been busier than usual lately. Hope your mom is doing better. :hug:

Bendy,

Add mine to the list of mixed reviews on Cali. Loved it the first year, thought it was just "eh" the next two times, then last fall it was GREAT! So I guess you never know....

I do think they make the best Lemon Drops on property and I LOVE their flatbreads. That cheese/pesto/sundried tomato one is my fave! I have not yet taken the sushi leap (other than california rolls), but I know theirs is top notch from my friends who do enjoy such things. Oh, and my crew and I did hit the CG lounge one night (LATE, just as the kitchen was closing) and had drinks and flatbreads and wonderful, entertaining service. It was lovely! I agree that fireworks from there (and the crowd that goes with 'em) are not the best. I'd much rather be on Main Street.

I am happy to see some alternatives to the Filet and the Pork Tenderloin. I may have to try those scallops next time. They look fabulous!:thumbsup2

Have just booked a lil birthday weekend for myself & the hubby in October. I think we'll be there later than you, though (10/14-17). I now have a renewed interest in the F&W offerings, so I may have to reread this sucker!!;)

As always, thanks for the entertainment :goodvibes

Hi there! Your late night at CA Grill sounds like a lot of fun ... I think we would have enjoyed it. And I do love their flatbreads ... that cheesie tomato pesto one was fabulous!

Congrats on the birthday trip! We will miss you ... we leave on the 14th this year. And you don't have to read the whole thing ... the links are all on the first page of this thread - I hope they help!! :goodvibes

Friday, October 23rd - Breakfast with Friends Followed by F&W Snacking with Friends ... Does Life Get Any Better???

We started out the day with a breakfast meet with some DIS Cruise-friends ... they came from Saratoga Springs and the Animal Kingdom Lodge to have breakfast with Jay and me at Cape May Cafe. They were all leaving the next morning on a Disney cruise to the Eastern Caribbean where many cool, refreshing Guavaberry coladas awaited them.

These friendies are some of the most wonderful DIS-peoples we've had the pleasure to meet and it's a rare treat when we're all in the same place at the same time. So although the breakfast buffet at Cape May is nothing to get excited about ... it is what it is ... the fun of seeing everyone again and spending time with them all more than made it worthwhile!

Bendy's breakfast, part I
526.jpg

Bendy's breakfast, part II
527.jpg

I had made a notation on the reservation that there was a birthday (not for me!) but when our server asked who was celebrating what she found out about mine, too. The end result being that a couple of these fun Halloween cupcakes made it to the table as a celebratory offering. YUM - SUGAR!!!

Tasty treat!
528.jpg

Although Minnie and Chip and Dale are also at this character breakfast, Goofy was the only one who kept showing up at our table. I told him I had a crush on him and showed him pictures of my birthday cake ... he loved the cake!!

Poor Jay ... pushed out of the picture by a giant dog
523.jpg

Our fabulous group!!

522.jpg

Our fabulous group with Goofy!!!

BOBCruise3481.jpg

And look at this: our friends from England brought Jay and me the most incredible, tasty, delicious assortment of cookies we've ever had. I'm surprised these lasted as long as they did ... two whole weeks! They were unbelievable!!

Worth every calorie!
535.jpg

Eventually we all had to part company and Jay and I made our way back to Epcot for one last round of F&W booth snackeroo. It was tough today because it was suddenly very very hot ... the way Florida is supposed to be ... and we have a tough time eating or drinking much when it's too warm. But we gave it our best try since we were leaving for Stinktown early the next morning.

First stop: Morocco where I wanted to try their Tangerine Mimosa Royale. This was really good ... some kind of tangerine liqueur, orange juice, and champagne. We both really liked it!

Mimosa ... yum!
534.jpg

Awww, it's all gone
536.jpg

Then we ended up back at the Brewer's Collection for another naughty sausage and a new beer ... which we no longer recall. Over the course of the festival we tried three beers here - Aflegem Blonde Ale, Kona Ale, and one other I can't remember. They were all good, if that helps at all! :laughing:

Beer & Sausage ... we like it!
538.jpg

Eventually we ended up in India where Jason ordered a rice & lentil crepe with potato and onion filling and some gulab juman with rose syrup and pistachio. I didn't try the crepe at all but Jay said it was very good. And while I did try the gulab juman, which were really just little donut holes, I didn't like them because they were swimming in rose syrup. Not only do I not like soggy donuts, but I especially don't like eating soggy donuts that have taken a perfume bath.

Rice & Lentil Crepe
539.jpg

Gulab Juman
540.jpg

We stopped once more in Mexico where it took something like five hours for the couple in front of us to decide whether or not they wanted a beer with their food purchase. How hard is it? You either order a Dos Equis or you don't order a beer. Heat makes me short-tempered ... apparently it made these people incredibly dense. Finally, when they were done debating, Jay and I were able to order the Mousse de Pina Colada y Coco.

Pina Colada Mousse
541.jpg

This was pretty tasty once I managed to work around the coconut!

We next visited Argentina where we ordered a Beef Empanada w/Tomato Salsa and a Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri and Boniato Puree. Both of these were quite tasty - probably would have been better on a cooler day, but what can you do? And because they were out of potato mash we were given an extra beef skewer ... that's not such a bad deal!

Empanada and Beef Skewers
543.jpg

Final stop of the trip ... the Dessert and Champagne booth where between the four of us we ordered the whole darn thing! Austrian Bundt Cake, Grand Marnier Parfait with Orange Coulis, and Strawberry Shortcake. Jay and I shared a glass of Nectar Imperial and I believe Chelsi & Jason had some rose.

Now that's dessert!
544.jpg

They get cuter every time we see them!
545.jpg

All in all we really thought Epcot hit a home-run this year with their food and wine offerings - nearly everything we tried during our trip was well prepared and tasty. We especially liked the efforts that were made to offer up some new selections along with some of the tried and true favorites. Nice job, food and wine planners; this is the happiest we've been with the festival since 2006. :thumbsup2

Stay tuned for one last review ... a final dinner with our dear friends Chelsi & Jason before we climbed aboard the Stinktown express.

That was a HOT day! I can tell since I always turn a nice color of RED! :rotfl2:
Sledge pulls off the look even in the heat!:lmao:

My favorite is Jay behind Goofy! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wish we were there now! 6 :cloud9:MONTHS!

I remember sweating through my clothes that day ... it was so hot. And people were getting cranky ... it was crowded but they weren't nice crowds like we saw on the 17th and 18th when everyone was in a good mood.

Six more months ... we can't wait to see you again!! :hug:

That was a HOT day! I can tell since I always turn a nice color of RED! :rotfl2:
Sledge pulls off the look even in the heat!:lmao:

My favorite is Jay behind Goofy! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wish we were there now! 6 :cloud9:MONTHS!

I can't believe it's almost over.:guilty: I wish I could go to F&W this year instead of more school.:headache:

Yes thank you! I'm recovered sufficiently...nose stopped bleeding. My dog is following me around rather closely...like I might snot something else out my nose. A human vending machine for dogs if you will.

hopefully I will NEVER again deliver a treat to my dog by way of snotting it out my nose.

because that is called YUCK.::yes::

I had forgotten how dang funny y'all are!!! Those pictures of the birthday hat making its way around the table...:rotfl2: I can't WAIT to try the Tequila Cave. Seriously...the original "margarita" stand has truly disappointed me over the years. The margaritas taste of ice and alcohol...which I suppose gets the job done...but the proverbial "It tastes like burning" comes to mind every single time I indulge! ick.

Fabulous writing Bendy!!!! Loving it and can't wait to read the rest!!!

:goodvibes

First of all Miss Cammie, I am pointing and laughing at you.:lmao: That is the funniest and strangest thing I have read in a long time.

Secondly, I *did* get a margarita at the margarita stand this year (Reason: The Ditch does not open until NOON!!! :mad:) anyway, it was awful. Like, I threw it in the garbage awful. I don't waste booze, so you know that's bad.:sad2:

What a fun breakfast and great group pic with Goofy! Nothing like the heat to test our tasting abilities! Supposed to be high 70's to 80 at the end of next week! :banana: I might actually not have Rosanne Rosannadanna hair for a change....

I can't believe it's almost over.:guilty: I wish I could go to F&W this year instead of more school.:headache:

First of all Miss Cammie, I am pointing and laughing at you.:lmao: That is the funniest and strangest thing I have read in a long time.

Secondly, I *did* get a margarita at the margarita stand this year (Reason: The Ditch does not open until NOON!!! :mad:) anyway, it was awful. Like, I threw it in the garbage awful. I don't waste booze, so you know that's bad.:sad2:

I wish you could come to F&W too ... we would all have so much fun together. And as for the frozen margarita ... bleh ... sorry to hear it was so nasty. :hug:

What a fun breakfast and great group pic with Goofy! Nothing like the heat to test our tasting abilities! Supposed to be high 70's to 80 at the end of next week! :banana: I might actually not have Rosanne Rosannadanna hair for a change....

We had a lot of fun that morning - it was great to see everyone again! And I forgot you're leaving for WDW next week ... you will have a great time!! :thumbsup2

I can't believe it's almost over :sad1:

You're sweet, Chelle. I have a feeling most people around here have been wishing I'd wrap this up for months. :rotfl2:

i cannot believe how much snacking we missed when we were there..granted it was the tail end of the honeymoon, and i was battling a travelers cold BIG TIME..but still....however, we did manage to eat that censor-worthy sausage ;)
I am so sad this is almost done..THANKFULLY we have your Vegas shenanigans to look forward to on the bendy thread :)

Friday, October 23rd - Breakfast with Friends Followed by F&W Snacking with Friends ... Does Life Get Any Better???

We started out the day with a breakfast meet with some DIS Cruise-friends ... they came from Saratoga Springs and the Animal Kingdom Lodge to have breakfast with Jay and me at Cape May Cafe. They were all leaving the next morning on a Disney cruise to the Eastern Caribbean where many cool, refreshing Guavaberry coladas awaited them.

These friendies are some of the most wonderful DIS-peoples we've had the pleasure to meet and it's a rare treat when we're all in the same place at the same time. So although the breakfast buffet at Cape May is nothing to get excited about ... it is what it is ... the fun of seeing everyone again and spending time with them all more than made it worthwhile!

Awwwww, Bendy, thanks but we feel the same way about you guys. :grouphug:

I thought our breakfast was pretty darn good until about a week later when I came home with Mr Swine Flu. :scared1: I'm as convinced as you are that I picked it up at that buffet somehow.

I do have to say though that those potatoes they served where da bomb! They were so good that I think I lost consciousness for awhile.:goodvibes

Our fabulous group with Goofy!!!

BOBCruise3481.jpg

Nice shot except looks like Stacy needs to find the little girls room. :rotfl2:

All in all we really thought Epcot hit a home-run this year with their food and wine offerings - nearly everything we tried during our trip was well prepared and tasty. We especially liked the efforts that were made to offer up some new selections along with some of the tried and true favorites. Nice job, food and wine planners; this is the happiest we've been with the festival since 2006. :thumbsup2

I've never been to the F&W Festival but just reading your trippie makes me wish EPCOT would have saved room for more countries for us to tour through on a regular basis. Hey, what's 11 more when you've already done 11 and you're Disney? :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter