• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pinocchio's Workshop at GC

babysharknc

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used this service and know how much they charge per child? Any input would be appreciated. Staying at GC March 26-30! First time to DL! Woo hoo!
Thanks!
:flower:

:Pinkbounc

We just used Pinocchio's Workshop for the first time last Friday. We have two dd's ages 5 and 7 and they had a wonderful time. It is available to guests of any of the Disney hotels, for ages 5-12. Price was $13/child per hour, which can be added to your room charge account (rather than paying cash). You can pay extra for them to have dinner or just feed them before (which is what we did). We had dinner p.s. at Napa Rose at 8:15, so we dropped them off at 8:00. We were very impressed with how "secure" the room is, as when you drop them off there are a multitude of forms to sign, they take your picture with the children (so they know exactly who can pick-up), put a nametag on them, give you a pager, and take down every last emergency phone # you can think of. They also inquire about food allergies, as they are served a "nutritious" snack (our girls had flavored popcorn and watermelon).

There were toys, computers, a movie viewing area, arts/crafts (drawing, painting, etc.), a "school area" with a whiteboard, board games, stories, etc. We ended up having a very long dinner (as is easy to do at Napa Rose) and didn't pick them up until 11:15pm. Both girls were asleep on large bean bag beds with blankets and pillows, the teacher said they had fallen asleep watching movies.

They do limit the number of children (they were full that night and I counted 10 children when we dropped off), so it's a good idea to make reservations, which I was able to do through vacation planning. It was a bit pricey, but ended up well worth it since the girls had a great time, came home with lots of arts/crafts they had done, and we got some great quality adult time!! They did also prorate our fee, since we picked them up 15 min. after the hour, we did not have to pay the full extra hour, just for the 15 min.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Lisa

Thanks a million. We have two children DS 9 and DD 5. I'm thinking that DS won't be impressed! Sounds great though. How early did you reserve their spaces? This is so overwhelming! I would stress out if I had to pick a night right now. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter