Pirate Night Buffet Status on Disney Magic?

No buffet , they also did fireworks and show at 7:30 . Thought that was odd. We were on Jan 6 -13.

Right after the fireworks half the people left because it was our dinner time for second seating. No they didn’t do any later either just than.
When fireworks are in between the two seatings it is better to have late dinner as you can stake out your spot for ideal viewing and then when it is over head to dinner. The folks with early dinner either had to rush thru dinner or got some of the worst spots. I liked going to the railing on the deck above the stage. Kids could see great and didn't have to worry about anyone blocking view. Also gave some of the best views of the fireworks.

They stopped it back in September for all cruises, and they are not planning on restarting it either… I heard it from crew members on both the Fantasy and the Dream, who are pretty high up there and are in food and beverage so, I am taking their word for it since there was no buffet in November and I just got off the Dream yesterday 😩

Thanks for the report!! I am sure I will stay full regardless. I sail after the dry dock but I bet fixing flooding damage was not on their list before, I am sure it is now! I gave a GTY Oceanview, what is the highest I could get? I was thinking no higher than deck 4...

Thanks for the report!! I am sure I will stay full regardless. I sail after the dry dock but I bet fixing flooding damage was not on their list before, I am sure it is now! I gave a GTY Oceanview, what is the highest I could get? I was thinking no higher than deck 4...
Ocean view staterooms are on decks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7. No staterooms at all on decks 3 and 4.

and back. that was a crazy ride. no buffet but that is ok. stayed full anyways. just a heads up for anyone going before dry dock. on our cruise, the magic suffered major flooding mainly on floor 8. the workers are trying to do what they can but you will most likely notice some damage from it.
We are booked concierge and staying on deck 8 in September 😳 A little nervous to hear that the damage was to that deck!

We sail in Sept - I’m guessing they will have to focus on the flooding situation. Our stateroom is on deck 8 - hoping it’s all figured out before we sail. 🤞🏻

They stopped it back in September for all cruises, and they are not planning on restarting it either… I heard it from crew members on both the Fantasy and the Dream, who are pretty high up there and are in food and beverage so, I am taking their word for it since there was no buffet in November and I just got off the Dream yesterday 😩
We heard the same thing on Fantasy in January from our head server. He said it was not coming back. Who knows - it could change but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I too sail right after dry dock and have a VGT so don’t know what my room is yet but do hope they figure out the deck 8 issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter