Pirate night - who is dressing up?

BriarRosie

<font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl
Is anyone going to dress up for Pirate Night on the cruise?

I bit the bullet last night and purchased online a pirate costume, a pirate hat that goes well with the costume, and awesome pirate boots that also go well with the costume. I stopped myself before I purchased the adorable treasure chest purse! :rotfl2:

Since I committed to this, what's the deal? Do I dress up and go to late seating dinner wearing it? Or do I change after dinner and show up on deck with it? Is that accepted? I'm wondering if I could get away with dressing up before the first show, followed by dinner and the party.

Last time I was on a Disney cruise, there was no Pirate Night. :rolleyes:

Lots of adults and children wore their pirate gear to dinner. The servers dress up, so go for it!

I personally will not be in costume, but do have a Disney pirate shirt and pirate mouse ears I will be wearing again.

Here is me and Deb last cruise. She was one H-O-T looking pirate!

4708_1096877695014_1018751356_30246005_5865886_n.jpg

Love that pic Jen. :lovestruc

Sadly I think we are not going to do the dress up this time. Maybe an eye patch or other pirate garnish but no costumes.

If I can't afford the room I know she surely can't. :)

We're dressing up. Having to remind DH that noone wil be there with tape measures to make sure everything is the right length. :lmao: Scary part - didn't have not buy much, even have a leather hat. :scared1: Of course, we are going to a Ren Faire Saturday and I'm sure DH will find something to spend $$ on.:eek:

Sadly I think we are not going to do the dress up this time. Maybe an eye patch or other pirate garnish but no costumes.

This would be it for me, too. I will be packing for two weeks. I will pack a "nice" dress for dinner, but no other costume.

We have great pirate costumes that we've worn the past 2 years for MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom pirate:

Unfortunately, trying to find enough room for costumes, FE gifts, door decorations, etc along with regular clothes and stay under the maximum weight limits is just not working out too well.

Something has to stay behind and it has to be the costumes I'm afraid.

It's times like these that I wish I has 2 kids to bring along - their clothes & shoes are light weight and then I'd have more suitcase space :lmao:

Dh and I are planning to dress up. We don't have anything as of yet but I am looking...:rotfl:

I dressed for PCC 1.0. prior to dinner and ate in costume. It made wonderful photo ops.

Unsure if I will be dressing again this year, because it would be rather gauche to wear the same thing twice.

Not sure if I will be dresssing up or not. Depends on what I can pull together and fitting it in my suitcase. May just be a scarf and a eye patch - time will tell.

We're thinking about dressing up, but haven't found anything yet.....there again, it all depends on how much luggage space we have.

Also will depend on what I can find on the clearance racks after Halloween. Let's face it, I'm cheap.

I dressed for PCC 1.0. prior to dinner and ate in costume. It made wonderful photo ops.

Unsure if I will be dressing again this year, because it would be rather gauche to wear the same thing twice.

gauche? you're worried about gauche?

Also will depend on what I can find on the clearance racks after Halloween. Let's face it, I'm cheap.

I don't think you are cheap.
You are just saving your money for your next trip to WDW! :thumbsup2

Not sure if I will be dresssing up or not. Depends on what I can pull together and fitting it in my suitcase. May just be a scarf and a eye patch - time will tell.

:scared1: I take it you're going for the Lady Gaga look then ???? :rotfl2:

Depends. I have to see if my costume fits. I made it a couple of years ago. I might go Jen's route and go for the pirate mouse ears and a shirt.

Kim

Lots of adults and children wore their pirate gear to dinner. The servers dress up, so go for it!

I personally will not be in costume, but do have a Disney pirate shirt and pirate mouse ears I will be wearing again.

Here is me and Deb last cruise. She was one H-O-T looking pirate!

4708_1096877695014_1018751356_30246005_5865886_n.jpg

You both look awesome! I wish my costume was as beautiful as Deb's!

...but you ain't easy. It had to be said. ;)

Depends. I have to see if my costume fits. I made it a couple of years ago. I might go Jen's route and go for the pirate mouse ears and a shirt.

Kim

I almost went the pirate tshirt and ears route, but I decided to go for broke with a costume. Two of the three items ordered (different vendors on Amazon) have shipped! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter