• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Republic Brewing Nassau

Cloe Colton

Registered
I just found out about this craft brewery in Nassau. Has anyone gone here while docked and been able to bring back purchased beer on the Disney Dream? Or any of the Disney cruises?

TIA!

You can bring more than a 6 pack at each port, everything over the 6 per person is subject to them storing until you return. So be sure to by non-chilled bottles or cans.

We also were able to bring a growler back on board in St Thomas last month. One security person stopped to inspect it, then the others said - "it's beer - let it go" That was a nice perk. We are local in FL so bringing the glass growler home was no issue.

You can bring more than a 6 pack at each port, everything over the 6 per person is subject to them storing until you return. So be sure to by non-chilled bottles or cans.

We also were able to bring a growler back on board in St Thomas last month. One security person stopped to inspect it, then the others said - "it's beer - let it go" That was a nice perk. We are local in FL so bringing the glass growler home was no issue.

I should have clarified! I was asking mostly about growlers since I was only sure that you can get those there! Thanks! Hopefully they’ll be as kind to us ☺️

I should have clarified! I was asking mostly about growlers since I was only sure that you can get those there! Thanks! Hopefully they’ll be as kind to us ☺
Glad I could help. We actually didn't know about it - the brewery in the port told us. We do a lot of Westerns and always take a trip to Caybrew in Grand Cayman and bring back our yearly stock of their cans. Beer on board in a big perk for us with Disney. Next trip will be on NCL so no growlers, and I have been calling NCL to confirm they will store the beer when we get back to the ship because they allow no beer to be brought on at embarkation day, only wine. I do not want to be turned away.

We stopped in to Pirate Republic when we were on the Magic last month. They have a nice, albeit small, second floor balcony overlooking the port area where we sat and enjoyed one of their beers. They had about 6 varieties available the day we were there. Since Nassau was our last day, and we were flying out of FLL the next day, we didn’t buy any beer to bring back onboard (just a T-shirt).

We stopped in to Pirate Republic when we were on the Magic last month. They have a nice, albeit small, second floor balcony overlooking the port area where we sat and enjoyed one of their beers. They had about 6 varieties available the day we were there. Since Nassau was our last day, and we were flying out of FLL the next day, we didn’t buy any beer to bring back onboard (just a T-shirt).

Are their beers sold in cans or bottles?

Glad I could help. We actually didn't know about it - the brewery in the port told us. We do a lot of Westerns and always take a trip to Caybrew in Grand Cayman and bring back our yearly stock of their cans. Beer on board in a big perk for us with Disney. Next trip will be on NCL so no growlers, and I have been calling NCL to confirm they will store the beer when we get back to the ship because they allow no beer to be brought on at embarkation day, only wine. I do not want to be turned away.

What's the best way to get to Caybrew? A taxi? Also is the brewery tour worth doing?

What's the best way to get to Caybrew? A taxi? Also is the brewery tour worth doing?
We hail a taxi, it's about 25 to get there and 20 to get back. Tell them to take the airport route. Our first trip the driver took us the beach route, it was a nice guided tour of the island but it took twice as long and cost us $10 more.

The brewery tour is worth it because for the $10 you get 5 six ounce samples. It take maybe 20 minutes. Every time we go we are the only ones on the tour.

We are excited to get back there. They opened a new tap room and on our trip in April/May we missed the grand opening by a week.

Attachments

• DSCN2283.JPG
    DSCN2283.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN2285.JPG
    DSCN2285.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN2289.JPG
    DSCN2289.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN2272.JPG
    DSCN2272.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
We hail a taxi, it's about 25 to get there and 20 to get back. Tell them to take the airport route. Our first trip the driver took us the beach route, it was a nice guided tour of the island but it took twice as long and cost us $10 more.

The brewery tour is worth it because for the $10 you get 5 six ounce samples. It take maybe 20 minutes. Every time we go we are the only ones on the tour.

We are excited to get back there. They opened a new tap room and on our trip in April/May we missed the grand opening by a week.

Excellent info thank you! We are very excited to visit Caybrew on our Panama Canal cruise in March. I assume US $ are good for taxis and the brewery itself?

Excellent info thank you! We are very excited to visit Caybrew on our Panama Canal cruise in March. I assume US $ are good for taxis and the brewery itself?

Yes, we used US$ throughout Grand Cayman.

We also used US$ in Cozumel, which if you have time and want to stock up on beer more walk down to Mega (the Mexico version of Walmart). Head the opposite direction from the shopping once you cross the street at Punta Langosta pier and it is about a 5-10 minute walk. They have a decent selection of beers including a lot of eastern European and Russian varieties when we were there in May.

Yes, we used US$ throughout Grand Cayman.

We also used US$ in Cozumel, which if you have time and want to stock up on beer more walk down to Mega (the Mexico version of Walmart). Head the opposite direction from the shopping once you cross the street at Punta Langosta pier and it is about a 5-10 minute walk. They have a decent selection of beers including a lot of eastern European and Russian varieties when we were there in May.

Thanks! Yes we have a plan to go to Mega after our excursion in Cozumel. We are actually from Europe so we look for the American brands out there! You have been so helpful thank you.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Are their beers sold in cans or bottles?

IIRC, they sell their beer in cans (6-pk). We hung out at the bar and the bartender (reminded me of Tracy Morgan) that helped us was awesome and was quite a character, plus the conch fritters were not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter