Pixie Dust PLEASE!!

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi all,

Today is finally the beginning of the legal proceedings for my daughter against the hospital whose emergency staff's negligence left her severely disabled for the rest of her life. It has taken over 5 years just to get discoveries started so hopefully it will go okay.

Long story short.... my daughter had the flu at 14 months old and was having the febrile convulsions which are actually common in small children. We were told to take her to the hospital and as i look really young, I felt like I was being dismissed as an overbearing teen mom looking for attention or something. They sent my child to the waiting room where the convulsions started again. We went back to triage but they said I was imagining things and sent us back. About an hour later, she went into a grand mal seizure in the waiting room. She seized for 90 minutes and was left in a coma. when she came out of the coma, she was unable to anything. She went from a walking, talking child to a child who is unable to sit, walk, talk, feed herslf or anything. She is now almost 7 and still needs an adult to do everything for her.

Just wish us some disney magic...;o)

Best of luck, I hope you get what you need out of these proceedings. I am sure this is much more than a monetary victory you want--hopefully these people will be held accountable for what they have done. Lots of prayers and pixie dust coming your way.

{{{{HUGS }}}}} and pixie dust for you and all the best during this difficult time...my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please be sure to keep us posted. You have lots of friends here wishing you Disney Magic.

By the way, have you moved into your new house yet? If so, how do you like it? :)

Pixie dust your way. I look really young too and often felt when my DS was younger and I took him to emergency that I was dismissed as I looked like I had him at 15 and I must be on welfare or something. I was also annoyed because they always seemed to note on the forms that I was a single parent (I'm divorced) as though it was a strike against you.

I work in the legal field although not in litigation so I understand how frustrating it must be for you.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.

PIXIE DUST...on the way...:Pinkbounc :bounce:

PD to you, good luck with it all, and be strong!

{{{HUGS}}}, Pixie Dust and Best Wishes to you and your beautiful daughter Ryleigh, as you start this journey through the legal system, Suzanne. You know we are all here for you so please keep us posted how things are going. :)

Pixied dust is on the way.

This reminds of when I was 22 and my 2 yr old dd started to get tons of small bruises on her arms and legs. We took her to the ER right away. The nurse there took one look at her and threatened to call childrens aid!!! Thankfully our pediatrician saw her soon after that and told us that she had low platelet count and that was causing the bruising. We went through a few horrible days waiting to see if she had leukemia. Thankfully the problem went away and she was fine. BTW, the nurse caught "it" big time from the pediatrician when I told him what she had said.:(

Sending some pixie dust your way ... keep us posted!

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you along with a massive dose of pixie dust!!! Please keep us posted.

Well the meeting with the lawyer was stressful....
Both my parents burst out into sobs at different intervals throughout the meeting. ( I have had pofessional help to cope to cope with the loss and change so i can handle it....) I go for Discoveries in the morning and they go Tuesday without me TG!!!
Ryleigh was very ill on Friday... scared the &$$@$^% out of me. Seems that her day camp had a "Flash Flu" and of course Ryleigh gets it the worst.
She had severe upchucking and anextremely high fever. Couldn't kep a thing down and her plalet count was only 76 ( usually in the 200's to be normal) So needless to say we were admitted and got no sleep.
She is out now and seems back to normal except very tired.
BUT we haven't been able to complete even a quarter of what we need too the finish the house to move in and it's fristrating. Hopefully by saturday we'll be organized enough to get bed's and clothes in there!
Thank you for all you well wishes and support. It is so greatly appreciated.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :p
xo Ryleigh and Suzanne

There can never be too much Pixie Dust so here is some more for you ******************************* ******************** ************************ in your time of need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter