• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PKB's Planning Journal- Planning our October 2009 wedding

I love the cake - it sounds beautiful and really special. :lovestruc I love things that have a lot of thought put into them like that. And Cider, Tea and Carmel Apples? Totally yum!! :)

It was... And I will do an update soon, but cake tasting is awesome :cloud9:

If you ever need someone to scream with about BM drama, I'm here for ya! Just a PM away! :hug:

Thanks... by the end of this process I think I will take you up on this offer!:goodvibes

Sorry to hear about all the drama!! Your cake sounds great and I love the idea of renting the barn!!

Oh goodness PKB! Bridesmaid Drama! Pfffft.

I am all teary after reading about your cake. That sounds just beautiful. I also love the barn idea, very nice! :goodvibes

LL!!! I am glad you found your way over here!!!!

I have to do a post about how the cake turned out! It is going to be awesome!!!!

Sorry to hear about all the drama!! Your cake sounds great and I love the idea of renting the barn!!

Thanks! I am so lucky that my DS and FSIL won't stand for any of that drama.

I love the idea too.... And shopping for the cider and the apples and the pumpkins will be fun!

Planning and preparing for our Disney trip has been taking up most of my time!! We leave Friday and when we return we will be thrown into wedding planning.

Friday also marks one year til I become my Mr.'s Mrs!!!! We will be buying Bride and Groom ears in Disney to wear around.

As soon as we get back I am jumping into dress shopping, my BM lunch, and finding our photographer and videographer!!

DF is actually designing all the paper stuff, which is awesome! I am trying to think of a romantic saying to put on my STD and Invites.

I have ordered this lovely piece of equiptment. www.canditto.com It eliminates disposable cameras and allows us to get some guest shots of the ceremony. If you are a MA, RI or ME bride, this may interest you!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy!

We have returned back from our Dream vacation! Less than a year to go til our wedding!!!!!!

We ordered our champaigne flutes while we were at Disney from the Crystal Arts store!! They are Cinderella and Prince Charming and engraved on the back is "To our Happily Ever After" On the front, under the Prince and Princess is our names, and on the base is our date!

I will take pictures when they arrive at the house! Which should be soon!

We also bought our glass slippers (1 for the centerpiece and one for me).

We have returned back from our Dream vacation! Less than a year to go til our wedding!!!!!!

We ordered our champaigne flutes while we were at Disney from the Crystal Arts store!! They are Cinderella and Prince Charming and engraved on the back is "To our Happily Ever After" On the front, under the Prince and Princess is our names, and on the base is our date!

I will take pictures when they arrive at the house! Which should be soon!

We also bought our glass slippers (1 for the centerpiece and one for me).
OOoh!! I can't wait to see the pictures!! :goodvibes

Very Cool info about the Canditto!!! Thanks for the info! We are getting married a week after you in Michigan and then heading to the world for part of our honeymoon...My fiance' is looking at dresses this weekend, and we are starting to get really excited about the upcoming planning. Good idea about renting the barn between the ceremony and reception, I'm surely going to pass that one along.

Almost every girl I have ever met dreams of two things.

1) Their wedding day
2) The day when they find their wedding dress... or at least try on all those dresses!

Yesterday one of those days was realized (and it wasn't #1).

I have dreamed of my wedding dress since I was a little girl. It would be a ball gown with very limited lace and beading (plain like me), and I would get to be a princess. So I would also need the tiara!

Yesterday I drove down to my parents, met my MOH (DSis) and my DM for some dress shopping, preparing myself for not finding anything!

We went to David's Bridal first and I tried on some dresses. I LOVED one. But it didn't come in my size and it was discontinued so no more. I tried about 6 others (with my sisters help, the sales woman sat on a table and tried to get me to buy uncomfortable dresses that were not at all pretty on me). We finally got fed up and left. We spotted a little bridal boutique in the house next to David's and decided to give it a try.

Michelle, my wonderful sales coordinator, welcomed me with open arms and talked to me without my mom around. I told her about the wedding and what I wanted to feel like on my day, and then we sat with my mom and heard from her. Then she went and pulled some dresses that she thought of for me.

I tried on this first one and it looked great. I loved it, but I could see that that was not the one for me. Then we went to put on the second one and because it was a corset back, she turned me to face away from the mirrors and laced me up and then had me turn around to face the mirors and see myself.

Well one look at myself and in 30 seconds I was in tears!!!! I never thought I would be as in love with a dress as I was with this.

Dress%201.JPG

Notice that there is lace and beading!!! Never in a million years did I picture this as my dress!

Then she went out and got a tiara and the veil that I tried on with the previous dress put them on, and called my DM and MOH in. My mom started to tear up and my MOH was crying, so I started again!!! Here are some pics of the whole ensamble.....

Full%20dress.JPG

Top%20of%20dress.JPG

Back%20of%20dress.JPG

Tiara.JPG

I knew at that moment. That this was it and it needed to be my dress.

My mom talked financials as I talked with the seamstress. There was only one problem with it. I kept tugging at the top... making sure "the girls" were secure.... and I did NOT want that on the wedding day. So the seamstress and I talked about putting spagetti straps or something on the dress and she said it would be no problem!

I can not wait to put it on again!

Isn't it amazing how you just "know" that it's the right dress? You really look beautiful, you are going to be a Princess Bride for sure!! :bride:

I love it! What a completely awesome dress! Good for you for not going with what David's Bridal wanted you to get! I think I'm going to have to be a wedding crasher to see you in it lol- you look great! :bride:

Isn't it amazing how you just "know" that it's the right dress? You really look beautiful, you are going to be a Princess Bride for sure!! :bride:

It really was amazing. Cause I kept thinking that maybe this is it, but none of the other dresses felt like my dress. This felt like mine. I don't quite know why. But I can not wait to put it on again, this time with the ballerina slippers and everything.

I love it! What a completely awesome dress! Good for you for not going with what David's Bridal wanted you to get! I think I'm going to have to be a wedding crasher to see you in it lol- you look great! :bride:

Thanks!!!! :goodvibes BTW.. I don't know if I mentioned this in your PJ, but I love your new dress too.

David's Bridal was a horrible experience. Not so much for the bridesmaid department. But the one there that I loved was a dress that looked like Belles yellow dress from Beauty and the Beast, except in ivory. It was GORGEOUS! Then she put me in it, I fell in love but it didn't fit properly and that was when she said.... "this is discontinued, this is the only one we have." I was angry to say the least. When she did that with 2 more dresses, I actually said, "Can we put me in something that you have in more than one size or is not discontinued?" It was really upsetting. I wouldn't go back there for the bridesmaid dresses, except they were so cute and affordable.

You can't crash my wedding.... you will be on your Disneymoon at that time!!!!!

However, there will be tons of photos, which I will be happy to share!

Oops - LOL I totally forgot I'll be down there still. I just look at October 12 and then oh - is there somewhere I should be after that?! LOL! :lmao:

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me pick your brain.

I have the organist at the church where we are getting married all booked and she asked if we wanted to have a violin or a harp or a string quartet! I know I would like a vocal soloist. I love music so I would love to have one of the other musicians as a part of it.

Which one do you think I should go for?

Hi :wave2: I was talking to you over on the "table names" thread so I wanted to check out your PJ and follow along so I can see what you come up with for everything!! Good luck :thumbsup2

ps. I think all of those instruments you mentioned would be lovely, but there is something especially romantic about a harp IMO.

I also vote for the Harpist - there's just something I like about a harp...:goodvibes

David's Bridal was a horrible experience. Not so much for the bridesmaid department. But the one there that I loved was a dress that looked like Belles yellow dress from Beauty and the Beast, except in ivory. It was GORGEOUS! Then she put me in it, I fell in love but it didn't fit properly and that was when she said.... "this is discontinued, this is the only one we have." I was angry to say the least. When she did that with 2 more dresses, I actually said, "Can we put me in something that you have in more than one size or is not discontinued?" It was really upsetting. I wouldn't go back there for the bridesmaid dresses, except they were so cute and affordable.

Sorry you had a bad experience at David's Bridal. If it makes you feel better you are probably better off. They actually ORDERED a dress for me and then MONTHS later informed me that it was discontinued and there weren't anymore. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter