Plan change

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
We were going to get a 1 BR for myself DH, DD who is 23, and our twins age 7. But now my eldest daughter wants to bring her BF so now I have to think of a 2BR or 2 studios . I am just wondering do they have adjoining studios? and what is the difference between dedicated and lock offs?

Pretty sure there are no adjoining studios at any WDW DVC resort...there are some that are next door to each other (and at least at BWV, you can step over a bush (on the ground floor) to get between the two patios)...

A lock-off is a studio connected to a one-bedroom, thus making it a two-bedroom...it will have two doors to the outside, and the second bedroom set-up is a studio set-up (queen bed, sleeper sofa)...a dedicated two bedroom has two "real" bedrooms (not a studio set-up in the second bedroom) and only one door to the outside...

I think lock-off vs dedicated is a booking category, but it may be "just a request"...not entirely sure about that...

Good luck...

We were going to get a 1 BR for myself DH, DD who is 23, and our twins age 7. But now my eldest daughter wants to bring her BF so now I have to think of a 2BR or 2 studios . I am just wondering do they have adjoining studios? and what is the difference between dedicated and lock offs?
I think the only DVC options with adjoining studio type rooms are the VB Inn rooms. Whether to get a 2 BR or two studios depends on the situation, resort, LOS and whether you'll use the kitchen. Generally I'd go with the 2 BR for most situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter