• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plan on proposing at DisneyLand next week, looking for some tips

EmeraldGreenz

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Well my girlfriend is an avid lover of Disney, and she is just super excited for our visit there next week. I've already bought a ring for her so I think this is the perfect place to do it. She also loves fireworks so I intend on proposing during that show at the end of the night.

My question is; is there anybody at Disney I can contact to help me coordinate my proposal? I'm looking mainly for someone to help me find the right spot to do it, the right time, and of course a photographer.

Any other tips, suggestions, comments are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any contact info to help you, but my non-Disney fan DH proposed to me over a decade ago at the start of fireworks and it was perfect. He pulled out a unicorn pop as a surprise at the start (which seemed ordinary) and nonchalantly handed me the ring box right after. I was confused and thrilled! He's been back to the parks only once since the engagement.....but we're also happily married with him letting me take my non-DH Disney trips. :)

I think it's sweet that you'll propose somewhere that she loves.

Also, @EmeraldGreenz -- let me know if it would help in any way to have a few park maps before you leave (unless you aim to make it here by early next week). I can mail a few tonight if you like and you could have them as early as Wednesday. If you'd like some, simply send me a direct message.

Thanks! Tried this number, but they basically said they can’t do anything in advance :(

I think the most important thing I need is a set photographer for the event, which may be a challenge because apparently the people that do photos don’t do them during the fireworks. May have to find a private photographer somewhere.

@EmeraldGreenz -- I'll be at the park this Sunday and will ask at Guest Services (or somewhere similar) if you like. I'd actually like to know because one day I hope to be fortunate enough to find someone myself :-).

Thanks man! I'll be there on Wednesday so that kind of information would totally be helpful and of use. Thanks again!!

Thanks man! I'll be there on Wednesday so that kind of information would totally be helpful and of use. Thanks again!!
I’ll find out what I can and hope to post info from the park probably no later than noon on Sunday :-). I’ll ask at least someone i know in security as well as a photographer near the castle.

Last edited:
Hello all!

Well my girlfriend is an avid lover of Disney, and she is just super excited for our visit there next week. I've already bought a ring for her so I think this is the perfect place to do it. She also loves fireworks so I intend on proposing during that show at the end of the night.

My question is; is there anybody at Disney I can contact to help me coordinate my proposal? I'm looking mainly for someone to help me find the right spot to do it, the right time, and of course a photographer.

Any other tips, suggestions, comments are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
If you are wanting to get a photo of the proposal the end of the fireworks display it isn't going to be easy.
It is a madhouse as the finale begins.

I like the area by the wishing well at Snow White's Grotto. There is often a photographer around that area.
You could slip them a note of your plan so they know what's coming.

Good luck

Geemo

Thanks! Tried this number, but they basically said they can’t do anything in advance :(

I think the most important thing I need is a set photographer for the event, which may be a challenge because apparently the people that do photos don’t do them during the fireworks. May have to find a private photographer somewhere.
The phone number in the above post is a FL listing -- that may be why they can't help you at DL. As for private photographers in the parks, this recent post has relevant information: ISO Professional Photographer. You can have a friend take your photo, but it is preferred that you don't bring a professional photographer with you into the parks unless everything is very low key and the equipment is totally low key/low profile.

Last edited:
I just want to wish you both all the best! What a terrific way to pop the question. May you both have a happy life together!

OK @EmeraldGreenz - I’m at the park now and I checked with a photographer in front of the castle. He said that your best bet is to find a photographer - or even better, their lead (no camera, radio earpiece in one ear) - and let them know two hours in advance. That will “get the word out,” as he explained it. I’ll add this: remind them closer to the time as well. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
https://www.adamandclaudiaphotography.com/
This is a local photographer that took family portraits for us in the park. They were amazing and the pictures are absolutely dreamy. good luck!!
Before the OP or anyone else following books this or any professional photographer for the parks, it would be wise to call DLR first to go over the regulations for having a professional photographer in the parks (especially since any rule can change or be updated at any time). Disney can be very strict about things like this, as noted in the posts above. DIS Boards does not promote violating any Disney policy, so for those considering doing this, please consult Disney first.

OK @EmeraldGreenz - I’m at the park now and I checked with a photographer in front of the castle. He said that your best bet is to find a photographer - or even better, their lead (no camera, radio earpiece in one ear) - and let them know two hours in advance. That will “get the word out,” as he explained it. I’ll add this: remind them closer to the time as well. Hope this helps!
Thanks WonkaKid! Really appreciate you saying you were going to do this for me and going through with it. You've definitely been of great help and I really thank you for it. God bless!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter