Planners for 2008 - Join me here! UPDATE - List in OP!!!

Ok-Changed our dates to July so it looks a little better!!! Planning on July
10-19 and if I can get DH talked into 10 days we will leave on the 9th!:cool1: It seems like a long countdown but I am sure it will go fast!:thumbsup2

Finally..a group of 2008 planners!!!:yay: We have been planning a trip for Thanksgiving 2008 for a while now. We are waiting for a baby to get a little older. I can't wait to get close enough to make the reservations!:rolleyes1

Going May 3-10. Here's the kind of planner I am...BF and I are taking the kids out of school (a first for me) so I've already been to the Ohio Dept of Education website to get the dates for that year's standardized testing for elementary grades. Tests end on May 2nd so we'll fly out May 3rd.
We are deciding between POR and PORFQ. We will do the dining plan for sure. We certainly got our money's worth last June. Le Cellier is so good we are thinking of eating there two nights this trip! Can't wait for the trip but I love love love planning!

CarKey, you have come to the right place LOL! I already checked the NJ State Teachers Convention dates for '08 to figure out which week in November we can take DS and DD for a week and still only have them miss 2 days of school!

Thanks for the tip! I am planning on 1st or 2nd week of March in 08 and wondered when MCAS were for my kids. I just found online that they don't start till the 4th week in March so I have lots o' flexibility!

This past trip in December my kids missed a week of school and no one at the school batted an eyelash. I hope the same holds true of when we do this in March '08!

Allyson

Just got great news from a friend of mine!

On our trip this past October, we met up with a family we were great friends with when we lived in Illinois. Our kids love their kids, and we hadn't seen them in almost 2 years. We even planned it as a surprise for my kids, so they were shocked when we "found" them at MK. It was a first trip for both our DS and DD and also for the other family. I had given her a good amount of advice, and as a result she was able to book the special package deal that was going on at the time. We also served as the "tour giudes" when they were with us. We only overlapped for the very end of our trip, then they went on a cruise followed by 2 more days at WDW. We haven't been able to catch up since then, so I've been hoping that they liked WDW as much as I do.

As it turns out, they had such a great time that they upgraded their tickets before their last day to 10-day non-expiring passes. Now they have 7 days to use, and she's seriously considering meeting us in '08! :banana:

That is great! Can't beat Disney with good friends!

I am leaning towards the first week of March. Easter is REALLY early next year, March 23! So I think I should get as far from that as possible. My DH ususually leaves on his trip 1st or 2nd week of March. With Easter so early I am thinking they will head out at the start of the month.

I am not doing a full week this time. Being just me with the kids I think I should go shorter. I was thinking a Tues-Sunday or maybe a Tues-Mon? Oh I don't know.

When does airfare come out for next March, like in April or May? Is it 330 days in advance?

Allyson

No advice on the airfare, but your name (and the way you spell it!) is the SAME as my friend who might join us!!!!!!

Get out! There are so many ways to spell this name but this way is not the most common, though it is the best! :cool1:

Allyson

Yipee more 2008 Planners!!!!!!

I can't wait. we went in 2004 when my 1st son was 5 and we are waiting for Dec. 2008 to come so now we can go back with our younger son who will be 5. I'm now surfing this site to figure out what I want to do while we are there. I know that we will stay at the Poly. but I'm trying to figure out which day to do which park. I also want to go to the Hoop de doo and I think I can book that now.:cool1:

We're definitely staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this time and I'm extremely excited. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and reserve my first night's stay and then pay the difference when the package rates are released.....or should I just wait for the package rates altogether?

LOL....I don't know, I'm just so darn excited. I've been wanting to stay at this hotel for the longest :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: .

We're definitely staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this time and I'm extremely excited. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and reserve my first night's stay and then pay the difference when the package rates are released.....or should I just wait for the package rates altogether?

LOL....I don't know, I'm just so darn excited. I've been wanting to stay at this hotel for the longest :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: .

You will love the AKL! We stayed there in July 2006 for our first family trip to WDW. We got upgraded to a savannah view room and it was great. If we were to stay there again, I would try to find a way to pay for the view.

We do not know where we are staying for our May 2008 trip. I will decide pretty soon, so I can start saving money!

Hello again. Glad to see so many planning for 2008. I am conflicted with our dates again. I am now thinking the end of May/1st part of June. DD is bringing a friend and I am thinking the crowds may be a little less? Any advice would be appreciated. DD gets out of school the 21st this year so far. We have not had any snow days. I know they will be done by Memorial Day so I was thinking about flying out the Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial day. They will miss a couple of softball practices and maybe a game but they are only 8. It is not so competitive yet. Anyway, if I am guessing right it will be less crowded then. Keep on planning!!!:goodvibes

ooh, I will definitely join this thread! we were just talking last night about a Halloween trip, so probably end of September, beginning of October 2008!!! staying at Port Orleans Riverside :goodvibes

We're planning for May 2008. We've never gone that time of year. We've gone in Dec., Sept., Oct., and Nov. Will it be much more crowded than the other times???
Right now we're thinking about staying at the Coronado Springs May 1st to the 10th.

It's now official! I just booked us 2 weeks at the Sheraton Vistana for late Jan into ealy Feb!:dance3: Now I better get busy planing the details. And yes I will drive my family nuts!:woohoo: Let the long wait begin.:snail:

Booked for 5th April 2008 for two weeks. Went the first time in Feb 2006 can't wait to go back still so much more to see and do.

My fiance (Ryan) and I are going May 3 - May 10, 2008 for our Disneymoon. We were high school sweethearts so we've been waiting a really long time to get married! :flower3: :hourglass

We haven't decided where to stay at though. We're going this March (43 days left!) with his parents and we're probably going to resort hop to see which ones we like. I think we're stuck between WL, Poly, or AKL. We're staying at POFQ in March. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter