Planning a possible July trip . . . a few questions about 50th celebration and crowds

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
Just found out I may be going back to DL a little sooner than I thought. I might be on the west coast for a few days around July 13th or 14th. I was there about this same time last year and spent 1 day at DL and CA. I didn't think the crowds were too bad, and did most everything I wanted to do. This year if I get to go, I will spend at least 2 days there and maybe 3. But I'm wondering about the crowds this year because of the 50th anniversary celebration. Will things still be pretty busy in July? Anybody got any ideas?

Disneyland's true birthday is on July 17th. There will be lots of people who are big fans at the resort that week. There is also a convention of Nfaac or how ever it is abbriviated that are fans of fantasy and themeparks. The convention is the week before the 17th. I know loads of people from the Disneyland board I frequent will be there, most of us arriving on the 14th or 15th. I would suspect that it will be somewhat more crowded than last year at the same time.

When we made our reservations for the Disneyland Hotel for July, they told us to get there early and plan on being in the park all day on the 17th, as in, if you leave you probably won't be able to get back in. Usually resort guests are guaranteed admission but I guess that is not going to be the case on the 17th. So I would say they are expecting pretty heavy crowds around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter