Planning DVD

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
I just got the DL planning DVD and I made the mistake of blinking while watching it.

Wow that is one short DVD

The worst is that if you got the WDW planning DVD, the 7-or-8-minute Disneyland DVD is available, in its entirety, as a "Special Feature." The short-changing of DL for its own golden anniversary is very, very sad.

I had heard how lame it was but I figured people were exaggerating. Boy was I wrong!! :rotfl2: I really cannot figure out what the Disney corp was thinking. :confused:

boosmom96 said:
I had heard how lame it was but I figured people were exaggerating. Boy was I wrong!! :rotfl2: I really cannot figure out what the Disney corp was thinking. :confused:

My 16 yo nephew could have put a better presentation together. It really is embarrassing compared to WDW's. DL's didn't even show the hotels, or was that when I blinked?

They never said it was a planning video. It was advertised as a "sneak peek at the Disneyland Resort 50th Anniversary celebration!."

Unfortunetly we are all so used to what we get when we ordered a DVD/video perviously that is was a big disapointment.

Wow, the Australian Vacation Planning DVD that was available at the beginning of the year on the australian DL website is fantastic. My kids have watched it everyday since we got it. It shows all the different lands and the rides in each one at Disneyland and then the same with California Adventure, the three hotels, downtown disney, and then there are bonus features about Disneyland at Christmas time, Disneyland for 2-5 year olds, a feature about the two shows, Aladdin and Snow White and then a presentation about the story and building of Tower of Terror. I think (I have not timed it) it goes for about 30 minutes.

::MickeyMo aussie ::MickeyMo

disneychrista said:
They never said it was a planning video. It was advertised as a "sneak peek at the Disneyland Resort 50th Anniversary celebration!."

Unfortunetly we are all so used to what we get when we ordered a DVD/video perviously that is was a big disapointment.
Christa,
This went so far beyond disappointment!! It was a complete waste of our earth's natural resources to produce this thing!!! I'm embarassed that I ordered it and depleted valuable resources. A Pauly Shore movie is a better use of materials!!
I really cannot figure out what the company thought they would accomplish with this? If anyone was undecided on visiting Disneyland do they really think this would give them any help deciding? Come on!!!

Never have I felt like such an idiot than when I lined up my DW and six kids going on and on about our trip to DL this summer and then loading the DVD only to hear seven times in quick sucession "you mean that is it?". Even the two year old got into the act. :confused3

Also avoid buying the $29.99 commerative DVD when you get to Disneyland. It is packaged to look like it will have lots of video of the 50th celebration when all it is a planning video that I have gotten for free in years past and has the same 50th coverage on it as is on the 8 minute dvd you get for free. Anyway just a heads up not to make the same mistake I did and save your $30 for something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter