Planning for 2013 Princess 1/2 marathon trip

If memory serves, they typically announce the dates of the next year's in the current year's program, e.g. the 2012 Disney Princess program will have the date of 2013's Disney Princess race.

The 2012 race is Feb 26, and from what I've heard, it's either been that last week in Feb or the first in March.

I just completed the race, my first half-marathon, this past weekend. It was pretty awesome!!! It was a great accomplishment for me as I didn't think I could do it. I started training in October of 2011 but after my first week I was injured and couldn't start training again until December...I must admit, I did not give it 100% (training) so I was soooooo nervous as the race got closer. Anywho, I can check that off of my list. Now I want to do it annually, if I can. So, I plan on doing the next princess half in 2013. The dates, which were in our packets, are February 22-24, 2013. Good luck to you all. If I can do it...anyone can ;)

I walked the Royal Family 5K this year and that was my first 5K. I'm already planning to do two more 5Ks at home in May & June, and I'd really like to be able to run part if not all of the 5K in June. Doing the 1/2 Marathon in 2013 would be a stretch for me at this point, but not out of the question. It's never too early to start training!

I will turn 40 the weekend of the princess 1/2 marathon & have made this my new fitness goal. I have a few friends who are planning to join me for the 1/2 marathon, & my kids plan to participate in the family races on Saturday. I'm glad to find this forum to help keep me motivated!princess:

I am going to be running in 2013 as well. Just found this board. I've been wanting to get into shape for awhile and after having surgery on both feet last month I decided now is the time. I should be cleared to all activity next month and then the training begins. My husband has decided he will do the Princess 1/2 with me to support me. Neither one of us are runners but it's time. Our 25th anniversary is in December and what a way to celebrate - head to Disney and run our first 1/2 marathon together.
Christina princess:
That is soooo sweet! I think it's awesome that you're doing this as a couple. What a great way to celebrate big milestone in your marraige! I hope you were able to get "all clear" from your doctor for the training... Good luck!

I'm with all of you. Planning to run in 2013. Farthest I've run is a 10k but that was a bit ago. I got derailed by an injury and PT. Now, I'm starting from scratch so I got the Couch 2 5K program. I will be running by myself though. :(

Hi Fluffy Princess! Hope your training started out well :thumbsup2 We'd love to meet up with you if you make it to 2013 Princess Race! It seems like everyone's so friendly and fun at Disney races - I'm looking forward to meeting new people as well as spending fun time with my friend!

Here is the thread for the Disney Princess Half Marathon 2013. It is in a section of the board called "WISH" (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810348

I went from Couch to Half Marathon in 6 months, so you ladies can definitely do it in a year!

Thank you Bellerunner! I did discover the WISH board and reading up on all the race reports from the latest Princess Half Marathon - so good for motivation ;)

I found this thread by Googling, too! I'm running the 2013. I'm excited and scared, but it should be fun.

I'm so excited, too! Have you checked out espnwwos channel on Youtube? It has couple of videos on 2012 Princess Half marathon - it's looks like it's going to be lots of fun!

I just completed the race, my first half-marathon, this past weekend. It was pretty awesome!!! It was a great accomplishment for me as I didn't think I could do it. I started training in October of 2011 but after my first week I was injured and couldn't start training again until December...I must admit, I did not give it 100% (training) so I was soooooo nervous as the race got closer. Anywho, I can check that off of my list. Now I want to do it annually, if I can. So, I plan on doing the next princess half in 2013. The dates, which were in our packets, are February 22-24, 2013. Good luck to you all. If I can do it...anyone can ;)

Congratulations! By this time, next year, I'll get to say the same thing (I hope):woohoo: Andthanks for letting us know about the dates! Hope to see you next year!

I walked the Royal Family 5K this year and that was my first 5K. I'm already planning to do two more 5Ks at home in May & June, and I'd really like to be able to run part if not all of the 5K in June. Doing the 1/2 Marathon in 2013 would be a stretch for me at this point, but not out of the question. It's never too early to start training!

Congratulations on your first 5K! 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon should totally be doable, right? ;) I do the Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run method and I love it! I figured, if an olympian runner doesn't run 100% of the course, there's no shame in me walking part of the way! And it just gives me mental mini-goals ("one more minute and I can walk...").

I will turn 40 the weekend of the princess 1/2 marathon & have made this my new fitness goal. I have a few friends who are planning to join me for the 1/2 marathon, & my kids plan to participate in the family races on Saturday. I'm glad to find this forum to help keep me motivated!princess:
Oh, this sounds awesome! My friend with whom I'm running with will also turn 40 next year (couple weeks after the race), so we'll be celebrating her milestone big time :thumbsup2 Have you cheked out the WISH (it's on this DIS board, under "Just for Fun") forum? There's lots of race reports and photos and information on Princess Half Marathon there - I've been popping there often these days. Good luck!

Hi Fluffy Princess! Hope your training started out well :thumbsup2 We'd love to meet up with you if you make it to 2013 Princess Race! It seems like everyone's so friendly and fun at Disney races - I'm looking forward to meeting new people as well as spending fun time with my friend!

Thank you so much, Barefoot Princess! I love the idea of a meet up! Barring anything crazy, it will be me and DH there but he is spectating.

I am doing the half marathon in 2013. I'm super excited because not only will this be my first half marathon, but it will also be MY MOTHER'S first half mararthon! On topthe of that, two of my five daughters want to run the kids runs! We will be bringing THREE generations of brand new runners to the half marathon! In case you're wondering, I will turn 38 three weeks before the run! I'm so excited about this!! We have a lot of planning to do! ;-D

My daughter and I are also going to participate in 2013 and both are first time marathoners. We are hopefully bringing two more to join us - we are so excited and a little apprehensive. Never trained for anything like this before. Love to have any advice. doing the run/walk training from the rundisney site.
this is going to be a great girls weekend!!!

I am doing the half marathon in 2013. I'm super excited because not only will this be my first half marathon, but it will also be MY MOTHER'S first half mararthon! On topthe of that, two of my five daughters want to run the kids runs! We will be bringing THREE generations of brand new runners to the half marathon! In case you're wondering, I will turn 38 three weeks before the run! I'm so excited about this!! We have a lot of planning to do! ;-D

Yay! THREE generation runners?! That's awesome! Now that the registration is open, my friend and I are starting to get really excited! Have  you checked out W.I.S.H ? It's another place on the DIS board...under WISH, then "events" there's a whole thread dedicated to Princess Half Marathon 2013! I've been popping in there often and it's lots of fun ;)

Good luck to you, your mom and your daughters!

My daughter and I are also going to participate in 2013 and both are first time marathoners. We are hopefully bringing two more to join us - we are so excited and a little apprehensive. Never trained for anything like this before. Love to have any advice. doing the run/walk training from the rundisney site.
this is going to be a great girls weekend!!!

Congratulations on taking the first step! Have you checked ut W.I.S.H forum in this DIS board yet? under "Events" there's a whole thread for PHM2013...also, under WISH, there are a lot of threads for new runners that you may find useful & encouraging. I know I sure got lots of support from there ;)

Good luck!

I have been planning to run the 2013 Princess 1/2 for over a year! I registered the first day that registration opened. I am so excited and very nervous! Like many, this will be my first 1/2 marathon... and right now I am starting my training and can't even run a mile... a little discouraging to see how far along some are in their training... started a blog to help keep me motivated and others who may be in the same boat!! Good luck to all the soon to be Princesses!

My birthday was on 9/14. My partner bought me a Run Disney in Training shirt and a Disney 1/2 Marathon hat that clearly says 2013. So I am doing it.
I signed up Saturday morning. I am scared but determined. Did my 1st 5k this summer on Cast Away Cay. My second 5K is on November 3rd. Gritty Goddess in Galveston, TX.
I am excited.
Best wishes and happy prep to all.
Carla

I have been planning to run the 2013 Princess 1/2 for over a year! I registered the first day that registration opened. I am so excited and very nervous! Like many, this will be my first 1/2 marathon... and right now I am starting my training and can't even run a mile... a little discouraging to see how far along some are in their training... started a blog to help keep me motivated and others who may be in the same boat!! Good luck to all the soon to be Princesses!

Sorry I've been absent - I was away from DIS board for a while. I've started popping in at the WISH's Princess Half Marathon thread : ) We're all reagistered now too! Good luck with your trainning!

My birthday was on 9/14. My partner bought me a Run Disney in Training shirt and a Disney 1/2 Marathon hat that clearly says 2013. So I am doing it.
I signed up Saturday morning. I am scared but determined. Did my 1st 5k this summer on Cast Away Cay. My second 5K is on November 3rd. Gritty Goddess in Galveston, TX.
I am excited.
Best wishes and happy prep to all.
Carla

Yay for signing up! I hope your 5K went well ; ) I've started popping in at the Princess Half Marathon thread on WISH - lots of princesses there training for 2013 like us! Good luck with your training ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter