Planning for Easter week - how soon & how crowded?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We are planning to go to WDW the week before Easter (Fri-Wedn.) for my nephews band performance there. I know the parks will be crowded but if we wanted to hang out at the resort (OKW), will it be that bad?

Never went at Easter time!!!! Also, I'm assuming that the pts. book up rather quickly. How much time do you think I have to book - right now it's 7 mos. away. Also, I can't believe how many pts. you need - wow - I guess that's where they get you!!!!

Thnaks for your help!

We just booked our trip in April (I would call today or very soon). We are there the same week (4-12 through the 21st).

It's a big week for travel. This time, we are staying at BWV with 2 other families.
Last year, we went at the same time but it wasn't EAster. The Flower and Garden Festival was going on and the British Invasion was there, as well. Staying at the resort is one of my favorite things to do.

Did you get your airfare? Our friends booked air at $485/pp rt through NYC. We are going out of Newark on USA3000 for $209/pp rt - non-stop. We didn't want to play the SWA waiting game - we did this last year and I went on their site two hours earlier than they openned. By the time I went back - about 3 hours later, all the fares (less than $500/rt) were gone. They booked in one hour! This year, being Easter, we didn't want to wait to lose out.

Hi,

I'm going again this year. We're staying from 4/4-4/14. My daughter and I will be joined by the rest of the family on 4/7. Since the Schools have differing Spring Break schedules, I found Easter Week to be not as crowded as the last three days of our Christmas Vacation. Disney helps out by extending park hours, holding more than one Fantasmic and Wishes celebrations. It makes it more flexible for us to visit the parks during the busiest times. Of course, we usually make it a point to arrive at the park as early as possible, or plan to go back during a parade (my son and I rode Splash Mountain without waiting 5xs in a row during one of the parades during Spring Break), utilize the fast pass system to the max, and go to more than one park per day. Extended hours for park guests help too. We have Premium Annual Passes, so we can go to Disney Quest, the Waterparks, or back and forth to any park during the day. I always make ADRs and book golf as soon as possible too.
I wouldn't wait to book a room though. Have fun!

Cinderpals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter