Planning Nostalgic Stay at POR - Anyone stayed recently in Parterre Place?

rpw2014

Earning My Ears
In 1995 our family (me, wife, and 3 teen-age daughters) stayed at a Disney resort for the first time...Dixie Landings. Since then we've stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort (2000), Polynesian (2007), Pop Century (2014), Port Orleans FQ (2016), Contemporary (2016), Coronado Springs (2019), and Caribbean Beach Resort again (2022). My wife and I have decided to make a return in April 2024 to Dixie Landings...well... Port Orleans Riverside just for old times sake. I dug out the old scrapbook and found that we stayed at building 95 in Parterre Place in 1995 and figured it would be fun/nostalgic to stay there again. In fact, we may request (against all odds) the same room we stayed in back then.

Not surprisingly, I don't recall any details about how far the walk to the food court or bus stop seemed - or anything else about the stay for that matter. Just curious if anyone has stayed in that area recently and willing to share your experience.

TIA.

Years ago pre DVC we also stayed several times in that exact bldg at PO Riverside (Dixie Springs…..we will never forget that name). We always requested that bldg because it was peaceful and not a long walk at all over the bridge to the food court/gift shop/ boat etc.

So fun for you to go back for nostalgia. In March we took a boat there from Saratoga and relived our memory of many happy memories there.

Have a great trip!

In 1995 our family (me, wife, and 3 teen-age daughters) stayed at a Disney resort for the first time...Dixie Landings. Since then we've stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort (2000), Polynesian (2007), Pop Century (2014), Port Orleans FQ (2016), Contemporary (2016), Coronado Springs (2019), and Caribbean Beach Resort again (2022). My wife and I have decided to make a return in April 2024 to Dixie Landings...well... Port Orleans Riverside just for old times sake. I dug out the old scrapbook and found that we stayed at building 95 in Parterre Place in 1995 and figured it would be fun/nostalgic to stay there again.
Just to let you know, you will need to book a royal room in order to be placed in Parterre Place. The rooms in Parterre Place & Oak Manor were updated many years ago.
Check out the 1st few pages of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...verside-resort-information-questions.3374035/

Just to let you know, you will need to book a royal room in order to be placed in Parterre Place. The rooms in Parterre Place & Oak Manor were updated many years ago.
Check out the 1st few pages of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...verside-resort-information-questions.3374035/
Thanks...yes... I did notice that yesterday when using TouringPlans room finder. I also looked at Disney's rates and found that the rack rate for a Royal Guest room with Woods view is between $400 and $425 on the weeks we are considering (April 2024). Higher than I really wanted to pay... but we are now caught up in the nostalgia of returning there.

Years ago pre DVC we also stayed several times in that exact bldg at PO Riverside (Dixie Springs…..we will never forget that name). We always requested that bldg because it was peaceful and not a long walk at all over the bridge to the food court/gift shop/ boat etc.

So fun for you to go back for nostalgia. In March we took a boat there from Saratoga and relived our memory of many happy memories there.

Have a great trip!
Thank you for the confirmation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter