Planning our 1st Trip

poohraedopey

Mouseketeer
HI this is our FIRST trip to WDW as a couple. Hubby went on a senior trip and I have been to Epcot once. So happy to find these board and all the advice on the Dis.

We are staying off site as this was a rtaher impromtu HONEYMONN trip we have been married 6 years and we are leaving the kids 5 and 2 at my inlaws for their midwinter vacation and going ALONE! Feeling sortof GUILTY but I'll get over it. We are already planning our next trip WITH KIDS!

So if anyone had advice on stuff for ADULTS to do please let me know. We have rented a car form Alamo on the advice of a friend who goes to WDW several times a year. Also any tips on other stuff to do in Orlando? Even though it will be FEb a beach visit GULF side is a must.

Thank you I'm sure I will be here a lot.

<b>Here are some "adult" tips that I've gotten from fellow DISers:</b>

Go for a Horseback Ride one morning at FW.

For a romantic dessert go by Chefs de France late and share a beautiful dessert and a couple of coffees outside.

Head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge at night. Eat dinner at Boma and then have a drink at Jiko. Go outside behind the pool to check out the animals.

The rehitching ceremony is something they do at the Garden Grill restaurant in Epcot. If you are going to celebrate an anniversary or simply want to renew your marriage in a fun, Disney way, they give you a certificate and make you kiss while they count to 100 (by 10's. lol)

Get a hot chocolate and sit on the porch of the Electric Cafe (is that the right name?) and watch the choreographed fountain.

Spend the day at Downtown Disney - see Cirque and then head over to Pleasure Island and dance the night away!

...as far as the rest of FL, you're on your own. ;)

Thank you!I am so excited about this trip. Now If I could just get hubby to sit down with me and help plan our schedule. I would rather skip universal and JUST do 5 days at disney and a day for the beach but he's been going back and forth. Printed off loads of info for in the parks and outside.

Actually Rae, I'm suprised more people haven't responded to your post! Since they haven't, I have a few Q's. When are you going? You mention "impromtu" so I'm assuming that it's coming up soon. The reason I ask is that DH and I also planned to go to the beach for a couple of days. But the winter weather in FL is so unpredictable that I didn't want to waste a trip to the beach if we were freezing!

Also, I'm very concerned about the fact that you're staying off site. Because I tell ya what girl, once you see those Disney resorts, you're going to KICK yourself HARD and it's going to HURT. I say this because when I went on <i>my</i> first trip, I decided to cut corners and stay offsite the night of arrival and stay onsite the following three days. The off site hotel was AWFUL and to escape, we went to DD the first night. I totally felt like an outsider. I really wanted to be "a part" of all that cool stuff. It was weird and I can't explain it really. But the next day, went we arrived at CBR - it was the most amazing experience. And to this day, the resort to me is 50% of the whole vacation!

We arent going till FEb we are going the 17th to 24th UNFORTUNATLY thats PEAK PEAK season as every school in the NE is off that week. BUt th etrip fell in our laps my parenst had airline tix they didnt use late sept and offered them to us. SO we took the chance.

There is NO way we could afford to go and stay on site. Its just not even an option. I wish it was but for that week there arent going to be many openings and nothing for a good rate that I could find. I know the resorts are wonderful and being offsite will suck in many ways but we will survive!

Our next trip with kids will be an on site vacation for sure.

If we go to the beach it will obviously NOT be a swimming trip! JUst to see the gulf side! I've only been to the other side and hated it!

Thanks again!

My number 1 tip for adults at WDW....... drum roll please......
ACT LIKE A KID!!!!

Have you considered Priceline for a Hotel? We are staying at the Wyndham Orlando Resort on International Drive for $27 per night with a $3 per night bonus. Go to biddingfortravel.com to learn how to bid on priceline. Be sure to read the FAQ. You can save a small fortune on priceline, but you must research it carefully.

Have a great trip.

Toni
Twenty days and counting!

Yep - try priceline - that board is full of good advice, read it first. We were very happy with the Hyatt for $41 a night last Feb/peak season

Also, use Priceline for the car - best deal we could find.

For a first trip - get "THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO WDW" at any major bookstore. It's like our bible- full of good tips, advice, reviews - we bring it with! I buy a new updated version every time we go - good bedtime reading - get's you all "in the mood" LOL

Thanks ! I will look at that board BEFORE I go back to priceline I just looked at priceline and theres so many RULES etc. I also dont like being charged in full up front so I have to wait a bit to go back in there and do that.

I will most deffinitly be acting like a kid. I told my dad I am not going fro rides but to see the mouse and pooha nd dopey etc........ We will bring radios and while hubby is on ride lines I'll be off scouting hidden mickeys and Characters LOL!

Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter