Plans Turned Upside Down

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
Well, our plans for our upcoming trip to WDW got turned upside down today. We had previously planned on spending a week at OKW the third week of June. It was going to be DW, DD27 and myself. The reason we picked this particular week was because DD27 teaches school and her school doesn't get out for the Summer until the week before. Well in talking with her today, she said that she would actually like to go to Cedar Point with some friends of hers instead of going to WDW with old Mom and Dad. Plus she is considering getting a job this Summer while school is out and taking that entire week off would hurt her as far as getting a job. So being the understanding Dad I am, I said sure go ahead, don't feel like you have to tag along with us. So all of a sudden it's just DW and myself (which is really great as far as we're both concerned).

So we got talking why not try to move our OKW ressies up a couple of weeks. It might be a little cooler and there wouldn't be as big a crowds perhaps. Plus I remembered that SWA has some special $120 roundtrip airfares that are good until June 14. That way since it was just the two of us, maybe we'll just fly down.

So I'm getting on the phone early tommorrow to MS and see if we can go from 6 nights in a 1BR at OKW the third week of June to 6 nights in a 1BR the first week of June plus also see if we can add the Saturday night before in a Studio before moving to the 1BR on Sunday. Then if that goes well, I'll see about getting us the cheap SWA tickets. Then if successful with that call back WDW and get ME reservations. Finally, I have to call and cancel a reservation at Coronado Springs for the Saturday night we had previously made plus cancel reservations for a backstage tour I had made for DW and DD. It's going to be a busy morning

And here I was sitting back thinking all our plans were all set and all we had to do was wait until June to arrive. Amazing how plans can change so quickly.

You do realize that points at OKW are lower until June 10th, correct? You could get the one bedroom for the entire stay if it is available.

We DVCer's have such a demanding life with all these tough choices :thumbsup2 . Hope you have a GREAT time!

I've heard that things are getting pretty hard to come by that first week of June. Like Deb & Bill said, the season changes on the 10th making it more expensive to stay. Additionally, during that first week of June you also have the start of Star Wars Weekends and the annual Gay Days gathering.

I know someone who was trying to get a Two Bedroom for that period and there was nothing available. I think there was limited availability in a 1B at that time so good luck! Call early!!!!

With young adult children plans are fluid until you get on the plane!!:upsidedow Our trip to Hawaii last summer went something like that.

Good luck with the reservations. I hope it all works out for you.

Lisa

We planned a trip for my daughter's 18th birthday. You should have seen the disappointed look on her face when I told her! We went down for a Thursday - Sunday, and she was on her cell phone with her boyfriend the entire time. And we didn't have a nationwide plan at the time, so that cost us an extra 90.00. She wanted to spend her birthday with him actually - although she loves WDW.

There is VERY limmited availability the first week of June.
As of Friday, 4-27-07, the only accomodations available at any DVC resort are studios at SSR. I have been waitlisted for a 1BRV at OKW and BWV for months...

Well so much for that. Couldn't get anything for 1st week of June. I then tried the week of May 20th. Booked up solid then also. So we'll just keep our original plans. Oh well, it was worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter