Plants for your babies

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
Have any of you planted a shrub or tree or something when your children were born?

When my oldest DS, 7, was born we planted a Star Magnolia. It used to bloom beautifully. I refused to leave it at our other house so we moved it with us 2 years ago. It didn't do very well last year but this year it has nice fat buds on it and should bloom in about a month. I'm very excited and happy that we didn't kill it in the move. We also planted a Southern Magnolia for my youngest DS, 3, when we moved into this house. It is definitely growing but hasn't produced any blooms yet. I don't know too much about these trees but expect it won't bloom for a while. We actually chose this tree because of the Southern Magnolias planted at Disneyland Hotel. Very large and very fragrant.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I did not plant anything for my DD when she was born - wish I had. But each year, my DD picks out one or two plants in the garden that are "hers". It is usually a couple of the tomato plants! She get's the first fruit off of it and she pays extra attention to "her plants" all through the growing season.

That's really sweet. Mine haven't really taken an interest in the garden yet. Last year my youngest liked to pick tomatoes whether they were ready or not. Hopefully he will have outgrown that cute little habit this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter