Playgrounds at resorts

katie26

Mouseketeer
I can’t seem to find an official word on this, so hoping someone here will know!

I know “pool hopping” is not allowed, but can we use other another resort’s playground area? We are staying at Pop Century and have dinner reservations at Boma one night. My preschooler does much better sitting through a meal if he’s recently been able to burn off some steam at a play area, so I’d love to take him to the Animal Kingsom Lodge before dinner. Is that allowed?

Thanks!

I've never seen any CM's policing resort playgrounds. When my DS was little, we used to go to Ft. W for dinner, visit the stables and then he would play on the playground. No one ever asked if we were staying at Ft. W.

AKL has a great viewing area where he can look out at the animals on the savanna before dinner.

I don’t believe there is any issue with using other playgrounds. They are not usually crowded and it is not like one resort had a playground that is “better” then another ( except maybe Art of Animation) unlike the pools. My kids used the one at Ft Wilderness last month when we were there for dinner and a carriage ride and I never gave it a thought.

I've never seen a castmember near the playground at Jambo House. However, to call it a "playground" is using the term loosely. There are two slides which have things to climb on. I believe that's it.

I guess I have low playground standards! We were really impressed/happy with the playground at Jambo (kids 7 and 3 at the time), especially relative to the other Deluxes that either don’t have them or recently removed them. It’s also well lit at night and relatively contained. It was a good spot to run off some energy on a few relaxing evenings. Sure, it’s not going to win any playground awards, but it worked for us.

IMG_8319.jpg

^^^
Thats a nice playground.

For comparison the one that use to be at the WL.

Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge-Playground.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter