PLEASE BRING TIW IT BACK!

copper68

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>some people a
As local residents we used to spend about 15k a year at disney restaurants with TIW. The 20 percent discount made the $25 dollar cheeseburger more palatable. Since they got rid of it we don't go anymore. There are many more options outside of the bubble. And when family comes to visit disney we take them to restaurants outside of disney as well whereas we used to buy them all dinner with the discount. I also feel sorry for the valet workers that are losing money since the abandoned the program.

It's been so long I forgot what TIW was. Had to open the thread just to find out. We only used it for a few trips. But when we had family with us and we knew we were we were eating at a character meal or two, the saving racked up.

Our families are growing by leaps and bounds,And you'll are right it's time for that perk to come back. The best example is what OP said.

I miss TIW as well, but I can also see that Disney is not having a hard time filing their restaurants with people paying full price. Yes, there are some DVC/AP discounts, but they tend to be focused on specific places that can use the extra foot traffic.

This has been TWDC's playbook for some time now: shift their customer base towards those with higher margins.

Yes we enjoyed TIW for a few years and wish it would come back. I don’t see it happening though with current management.

For those wondering what TIW was:

The Tables in Wonderland (TiW) card offered a 20% discount off all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at most table-service Walt Disney World restaurants. An 18% gratuity is added to all TiW table service transactions.

The Tables in Wonderland (TiW) card offered a 20% discount off all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at most table-service Walt Disney World restaurants. An 18% gratuity is added to all TiW table service transactions.
Back in the day, it was also good at value resorts. I really loved that.

Yeah, like @Brian Noble said, it's pretty simple math for Disney. If they're filling all (enough) tables with people paying full price, there's no reason to discount. And if certain locations are under-performing, there are other ways to fix that. (Discounts for Passholders, DVC, changes to menu, etc.)

Unfortunately you have to look beyond "I don't go there anymore, therefore Disney is making a mistake." Restaurants have limited daily capacity. And if they're filling enough of that capacity with full-price diners, there's no justification for a discount.

And don’t forget free valet parking with a TIW receipt…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter