Please critique my plan

Partridge4ever

DIS Veteran
OK, we're down to the wire. We're leaving Friday for our first trip to DL. We won't arrive in Anaheim until late afternoon Thurs. July 28. I've read this board religiously all summer. Thanks for all the tips! I've taken everyone's advice and plan to arrive at park opening most days. Now if anyone would please critique my plans and make suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. We're a party of 6. Myself, who would happily attempt to follow the Unofficial Guide to the letter, DH who doesn't like to get up early and hates to criss-cross the park, DD9, DD5, DH's parents. We want to do EVERYTHING once and hopefully do our favorites twice. The kids will have no problem closing the park each night, but won't be able to get up in time to be at DL at 8 am the next morning, so I'm alternating late nights w/DCA mornings since it opens at 10.
Thanks in advance for any comments!
Leah

Thurs. July 28
shop at Character Warehouse (get souveniers early)
Downtown Disney (ESPN club redemption, buy autograph book at World of Disney)
early to bed

Fri. July 29
DL 8 am
head for Indiana Jones, then do other attractions on that side of park
afternoon--nap, swim
DCA 5:15 Block Party
8:45 parade
in between parades and until 10 pm closing ride anything nearby that doesn't have a long line

Sat. July 30
San Diego Zoo (I'm assuming Sat. will be a very crowded day at Disney)

Sun. July31
kids and I go to early Mass while DH and in-laws sleep in
DCA 10 am
ride something.....need to see what's close to Ariel's Grotto
11 am VISA meet and greet
11:30 lunch at Ariel's Grotto
ride as much as possible
late afternoon nap, swim
DL around 6:45
7:45 parade
9:25 fireworks
try 10:30 Fantasmic knowing we won't have a great view (try again Tue. nite if we think we've missed something...we love this at MGM, but we've seen it often and we'll be at WDW in December)
ride whatever we can squeeze in before midnite

Mon. July 31
DCA 10 am
finish DCA rides
early to bed

Tue. Aug. 1
DL early entry 7 am
start at Fantasyland
11:30 lunch at Blue Bayou
afternoon nap
7:30 get 9 pm Fantasmic spot, do 10:30 Fantasmic if necessary
stay til midnight

Wed. Aug. 2
sleep in
go to a beach for a few hours
DL til midnight hitting anything we've missed (possibly DCA first if we've missed anything there)

Thurs. Aug. 3
head home

Well, I get anxious thinking about trying to stick with the touring plans, but that's probably because my 2 year old keeps me off schedule all the day long. So that said you know where I'm coming from. My DS 8 told me his favorite "ride" at DCA was Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, which is a big giant themed playground with no lines to get in (in my experience). One of my favorites was the Aladdin Show at DCA which I thought was Broadway quality (also air-conditioned!). At DL, my daughter (4 last trip, but DS 6 & 8 also liked it) LOVED Princess Storytime and it is a great chance for a photo and autograph without the long line - just be quick to que up at the end of storytime, it always started in the same place when we were there. Innovations (air-conditioned) is a great spot for the busy part of the day and has so much to offer kids. We've been playing with VMK.com (Virtual Magic Kingdom) at home and you can print out these "quests" (treasure hunts?) to do at the park although I hear they take some time up. You can play on VMK in Innovations as well. I also would not miss Crush at DCA, it sounds awwwsooome dude! I'll stop here because I doubt you can fit much more in, but just some things to think of.

Have Fun! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter