please explain unlimited fastpass.

lworts

Earning My Ears
Can someone please explain "unlimited Fastpass", as when I was looking over a trip report the writer mentioned that having the "Unlimited Fastpass" this time around was better than the regular Fastpass. What is the difference and how do you get this?

TIA

The unlimited fastpass is for those that stay at a Disneyland hotel and book the package through their AAA agent. We are doing this for the first time in September! :cool1: As far as I understand, they make it so that you do not have to wait for your first set to expire in order to get your next set. I think you can hold as many as you want to as long as they are for different attractions. You can't get 2 sets of fastpasses for the same ride until the first set is used or time arrives where you can get another one. But all other attractions are free reign. Can't wait to try it out.

I think it is still available. Don't remember exactly how to get it. I know some AAA packages (room and tickets) used to include it, think they still do. just AAA tickets did not qualify. Sometimes DL will have promotions that offer it also.

It allows each person to get one FP for each ride at a time. If you get FP for space at 9 for 11, then at 11 you can get another fp for space, not before, but you can hold and fp for buzz, splash, etc. all at the same time.

lworts said:
Can someone please explain "unlimited Fastpass", as when I was looking over a trip report the writer mentioned that having the "Unlimited Fastpass" this time around was better than the regular Fastpass. What is the difference and how do you get this?

TIA
Michelle2 gave a good summary. Unlimited FastPass is a misnomer, in that it is not unlimited. The accepted term now is "Enhanced FastPass". You must stay at DLR hotel for at least two nights and book thru AAA. If you want the nitty gritty on how it works, the following thread gives it: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720

My AAA brochure states that it is available for stays through sometime in January 2006. (Don't remember the exact date since I don't have the brochure in front of me). It's always possible that they will offer it longer, but there are no guarantees.

In my opinion, this is a great perk if you are going during a busy period, such as this summer or during a holiday season. As stated, it's only available if you book at least 2 nights at one of the Disney Hotels through AAA. If you are thinking about staying on-site, its definitely worth looking into. Now it is possible to split your stay (stay a couple of nights on-site and a few nights elsewhere); if you book your Disney hotel and purchase the passes through AAA, you should have the enhanced FP for your entire stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter