• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Help Me Find

Go to hotelkingdom.com there are several hotels discounted on there that are around that price.
hope this helps.

And don't forget to check out the Orlando Hotel Discounts link here on the DIS. Some really good properties to be had!

Try travelocity.com...they have real time availability. You don't have to wait for anyone to call you back. Depending on the time of year you are going...$50 should be a breeze to find, even $40. Friends of my daughters had a one bedroom suite at Best Western Lake Cecile for that price. The room was great, fire place and everything. The only draw back was they did not have a rental car...and the hotels shuttle schedule is not very accomodating. They ended up taking cabs. If you have a car...this is a good place to try. Also, if you are going in the off season and are sure of your dates...a lot of people have great luck with priceline.com. The only downfall there is...you don't know what resort you are going to get and you have to pay immediately when your bid is accepted.

I've just booked 22 nites in October thru ORBITZ.COM for 2 adults at 30.25 a nite at the Howard Johnson Inn Main Gate East. I understand this is a nice property for the price. I believe i got a good rate. If anyone has stayed here or has any comments about the rate I would be greatful. They allow you the option to cancel which is not allowed with many other discounters.:bounce:

We are going 10/10 to 11/1/01. I did have to give my credit card. I also called the hotel direct to make sure everything was o.k. They told me they had my reservation and would send me something in the mail to confirm, I do have an online confirmation but wanted to make sure since it was the first time i used this site.;)

Just an update to my Howard Johnson reservations thru orbitz.com. I saw a rate of 27.50 for the room i booked. I called orbitz and they changed my rate to 27.50. I got a confirmation thru e-mail from HJ Inn. They take your credit card but do not charge anything to the card until you get there. The card is only if you do not give 24 hours notice if you want to cancel, and then they will charge you for one night, which seems fair to me.
I havent heard anything good or bad about the place, so we still plan on going in october.:jester:

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on International Drive (near the Convention Center) for $50/night in April. This was the AAA rate. The regular room rate was $120. It was a good-sized room and the hotel had a pool. I booked it through Marriott's website.

I have read some great reviews about this property and also got a chance to take a look at it last year because it was very near where I was staying; also fairly new too built late 1990's.

This suite hotel is listed as having queen beds in their rooms along with fridge/microwave/pull out sofa bed/free continental breakfast and a pool; the last time I checked the website they were running it at $53 a night www.choicehotels.com

It is located on west 192 which is like 4 miles to Disney maingates (5-10 min in car) and definitely close to eating/shopping; very tranquil area from staying along this side in past summers.

Also, we stayed last year at the Howard Johnson Maingate West Resort and now on their website they are running specials www.orlandohojomaingate.com We had fairly large double beds in our room but don't know if they would be considered queen or not.

Our rate was $52 but they are currently running summer specials online so your rate will probably be lower; overall accomodations were excellent along with the location (highly reccommend them/would certainly stay there again).

Not too long ago I read positive reviews (great room/amenities) about the the Hampton Inn Maingate West property and remeber that someone had gotten it for $54 a night; close to parks also.

Other websites that have a great number of places to stay off site in all price ranges are www.floridakiss.com and www.go2orlando.com

Hope this helps; have a great time!

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter