Please help me make a gift for my siser - recipe organiser

Daysleeper40

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me with an idea I have had for my sisters christmas present. She enjoys cookery in general bu is particularly good at baking. I would like to buy or make her some kind of recipe organiser as a gift but I really don't do much in the way of baking myself so not sure where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations or bright ideas about what she would find useful?

I have looked on the internet and the best options seem to be some kind of file or maybe a nice box to keep recipe cards in - am I thinking along the right lines?

I'm in the UK by the way so shops available will be different but I am fine to order online - but I quite like the idea of making her something more personal.

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me with an idea I have had for my sisters christmas present. She enjoys cookery in general bu is particularly good at baking. I would like to buy or make her some kind of recipe organiser as a gift but I really don't do much in the way of baking myself so not sure where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations or bright ideas about what she would find useful?

I have looked on the internet and the best options seem to be some kind of file or maybe a nice box to keep recipe cards in - am I thinking along the right lines?

I'm in the UK by the way so shops available will be different but I am fine to order online - but I quite like the idea of making her something more personal.

If she already has a lot of cards a nice box may be the way to go. Are there any local craft stores? You can get a plain wooden box and paint it a solid color and get rub on decals that are "kitcheny" or recipe related, just rub these on and then seal over with a clear coat.

If you would like to do a book you can find recipe organizers online or in kitchen stores. You can also make one using a photo album, dividers and 4x6 inch photo pocket sheets or if she prints out/cuts recipes out of magazines then a photo sheet without pockets would be easier.

Here are some ideas for a recipe box...
http://www.michaels.com/on/demandwa...?cgid=entire&simplesearch=Search&q=recipe+box

My favorite is a photo album, as described above. I will sometimes take a picture of a recipe I made and slip it in next to the recipe. I've given books like this as gifts and I start it off with copies of my faves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter