Please help me with my short trip too!!

loriwvu

Mouseketeer
I saw some great suggestions for a previous poster. Could some of you help me too? We have been to WDW the past two Mays and have a short trip planned early October.

My son (6) loves Indiana Jones and we really enjoy MGM. We have never gotten to do much at the MK because of very long lines.

Our first full day is Thursday 10/7 Go to MK. This is an EE but we can never make it early with our 3 year old. PS at CP for lunch. Stay as long as the kids make it.

Then on Friday 10/8 do MGM. My DH and I have concert tickets that night for a show at DTD. My inlaws will stay with the kids as long as they want to at MGM. None of us have ever seen Fantasmic. I would love to see it but this would mean reversing these days. MK closes early Friday for MNSSHP. My DH and I can't attend the party so we want to do that next year.

We will do Epcot all day Saturday. Our plane leaves at 6:00 AM on Sunday.

Which is the best day for MK? Thursday or Friday?????

Your advice is greatly appreciated. We are staying at AKL and will time have there on arrival on Wed. 10/6 with PS at Boma.

Lori

I would definately switch days! If you don't make the ee at Magic Kingdom, the park will be quite busy by the time you arrive. Go to the Magick Kingdom on a non-ee day. If you plan on riding Dumbo, get there as early as you can to avoid a loooong wait!
I love Fantasmic too, but I don't think Wishes is a bad substitute!
Whatever you do have fun!
:tongue: :wave: :wave2:

I think Thursday would be less crowded for MK than Friday. Whenever I've been there on a mid-weekday, it's been far less crowded than Friday - Monday.

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned! Have fun!

Whenever you go to MK I would suggest getting there at opening. I've never been at MK later in the day when it hasn't been busy, even in the slow season. If you're not going to get there before the gates open for EE I would go a different day.

T&B

We will be there the same time as you! Where are you staying ? We will check into OKW late on the 6th. We are doing MGM all day on the 7th and have a Fantasmic Dinner package booked. Fantasmic is our favorite, but all of the night time shows are great! On Friday we may go to a Water Park, we have tickets for the Halloween party that night. On Saturday we are going to swim, hang out, tour SSR, enjoy DTD, and we have Cirque tickets for that night. We check out on Sunday and spend the day with relatives in the area. Sleep at a Marriot that night and fly home early on Columbus Day. I have never been this time of year so I can not tell you much about crowds or which day would be better for which park. I would just play it by ear and be ready to hope if necessary. We never do every park on every trip, whatever we miss this time we will catch the next time. We have not been to MGM the last couple of trips so we are really looking forward to it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter