Please help this "Only goes to Disney" diser with the first time to HRH!

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
We are planning to visit Florida Sept 20-27 with our last night stay at HRH. Hopefully we can check in on the 26th and our plane doesnt leave until 6 pm on the 27th. We are hoping to spend the 26th and 27th at Universal. There are 6 of us including 2 17yr olds, 13 yr old and 5 yr. old. The 17 yr olds have flipped for staying at HRH But not sure what to do for the best prices concerning passes for all and rooming. Any advice for this new Universal goer would be so appreciated. oh I did apply for the loews card. And what is a ENT rate? Thank you ! :)

You will love it at Universal :)

Well, for only one night,, have you asked the hotel about tickets thru them added to the room? If you were staying longer,, I would suggest the '5 days for price of 2' option,, but you won't be there long enough to make use of it. You will still want 2 day tickets tho, so you can get in both days. I am sure if there is a good discount to be found, someone will be along to mention it.

You can check into the hotel as early as you want to, even if the room isn't ready, and have FOTL access, so that's good :)

The 'ENT' card rate, is for those who have the 'Entertainment book' with card, which from time to time will have good discounts on the hotels. The Entertainment books are going for about 10.00 right now. Just go to www.entertainment.com Another good way to discount your trip, is for one in your party to get an annual pass, (I think there is a 2 year for 1 deal floating around) The discounts on the APH are quite often 30% off the rate room rate. Plus you get discounts on restaurents, shops in the parks, and around CityWalk. It's a great savings.
You can then get the rest of the group's tickets at a discount: 15% savings on 2-and 3-Day Universal Orlando tickets (up to six [6] people, must be purchased at the front gate)

here's a link to read more about it. https://tickets.universalstudios.com/USRG/us_store_secure2.jsp?merchant=UO

You can purchase the 2 year ticket online, but you have to do it by May 31,, and you will need the burger king code to put in, it was posted on the 'budget' forum, so I guess it's ok to post it here, The Burger King Code is: 6106111030025 You would just put that code in when it asks for it. You will then print off the receipt, which has your activation code, that you would punch into the little machine when you get to the gate. The little ticket that comes out, shows that you bought a AP, and you show that when you go thru the gate, and when you purchase the other's tickets at the ticket gate. Once you are thru the gate, head over to the Park Relations office to the left, and have your proper annual pass made with your photo.

I can't stress enough how much savings you will have with this.

The pass will automatically be activated in June, if you havn't already activated it before then, and will expire June two years from now.

Benefits of 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass:

Valid at Universal Studios® and Islands of Adventure during regular operating hours

Free self-parking each time you visit or pay for 2 hours of Valet and get the rest of the day for free.(Valet based on availability)

Free admission to select special events such as Mardi Gras, Macy's™ Holiday Parade, and Grinchmas® (discounts on separately ticketed events such as Rock the Universe)

15% savings on 2-and 3-Day Universal Orlando tickets (up to six [6] people, must be purchased at the front gate)

10% savings on 1-Day 1-Park Universal Orlando tickets (up to six [6] people, must be purchased at the front gate)

10% - 15% savings at CityWalk Clubs and Restaurants

15% savings at restaurants (excluding carts and alcohol)

20% savings on the CityWalk Party Pass(sm) (up to four [4] people)

20% savings at Merchandise Stores and Carts

10% savings on VIP Tours

Up to 30% savings at On-Site Resorts (based on availability)
Click for a detailed listing of Preferred Annual Pass discounts.

When you purchase your non-transferable pass online you'll receive a ticket, which can be used for admission at the front gate of either theme park. Once inside the park, proceed to the Vacation Services Center at any time (during your first visit) to have your photo taken and receive your annual pass.

For pass renewals, please call 1-800-564-5764. Pass upgrades must be completed inside the park at the Vacation Services Center.

I would consider getting an annual pass if you think you will be going back in the next two years. I am glad I got one last summer. :) Sorry this post got so long,, lol.

The APH rate for Sept 26 is 129 per night right now. You will need 2 rooms so you would need 2 APs. You would then be able to buy 2 day 2 park tickets with the AP discount for everyone else. Also, you would get the other AP discounts mentioned by teris. Make your ressies as soon as possible because they only have a limited number of rooms that are discounted. Also, keep checking back periodically to see if a lower rate is being offered. They do occasionally lower them. For instance, I had a $146 p/n APH rate for RPR next week and checked later to find the APH rate was $119. Every little bit helps. Good luck and you will love Universal.;)

Wow ! :) Thank you for the wonderful info and advice! I know so little about Universal but Im learning thanks to you guys! Will let you know how we do. Thanks again!

You can go to Loewshotels.com to check the annual pass holder (code APH) or AAA rates. The website does not recognize the Entertainment code so the only way to check it is to call Loews and see if there are discounts. I do suggest dealing with Loews instead of Universal but it's great to check the Universal website for some ticket prices, hours of operation (as your date nears), restaurants and so on.

If you want a guidebook, check out Kelly Monaghan's Universal guide. It is really helpful.

And remember, don't expect Disney! Universal has its own style and attitude and is not Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter