Please help us pick a character breakfast!

japanese maple

Mouseketeer
It has to be in one of the parks, not a hotel.

Debating between Tusker House and Crystal Palace, but open to other suggestions!

Would love to see Mickey and the gang or Pooh and the gang. This is hard!

I have always enjoyed the Tusker House breakfast - the food is good and it's a fun atmosphere, at least in my opinion. It's been a while since I've done it though.

I like TH better than CP. I’m not a fan of the interior/ atmosphere at CP, even though I love WTP. I remember it was one of my least favorite meals, and we’ve never done it again. Whereas, we do TH every trip. Although, lunch not breakfast, but the atmosphere and characters has always been so much fun. Not sure if they still do it or do it during breakfast, but they use to have a conga-line type thing going on that the characters led. Plus, the jungle juice is so good.

I think a big deciding factor is how will this impact your park time?

We’ve done character meals at parks before official park opening as a way to beat the crowds before opening or to take pictures in front of the castle without other people in the way. Not sure if they still do before park adr or not, but if so, I’d recommend that.

If having breakfast after park opening, make sure to factor in a couple hour break. Longer if you do the hotel and then have to travel to a park afterwards.

This may help you decide based on which park it will work best to loose a chunk of time in and still fit in everything you want to see.

I think a big deciding factor is how will this impact your park time?

We’ve done character meals at parks before official park opening as a way to beat the crowds before opening or to take pictures in front of the castle without other people in the way. Not sure if they still do before park adr or not, but if so, I’d recommend that.

If having breakfast after park opening, make sure to factor in a couple hour break. Longer if you do the hotel and then have to travel to a park afterwards.

This may help you decide based on which park it will work best to loose a chunk of time in and still fit in everything you want to see.

Agree. Luckily we are there for 9 nights so we have a bit of flexibility, but great advice. Thanks!

Garden Grill as Epcot has all you care to eat breakfast served family style. They will bring more of whatever you’d like. The character interaction is great. Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale will come by your table at least twice.

Also, the entire restaurant very slowly rotates, offering all the different views of Living with the Land while you dine.

It is quieter and more relaxing than some of the other character meals.

I will always love Tusker House...the food is good enough but the characters and the vibe and theme really make it worthwhile.

That said, of all the character breakfasts Hollywood and Vine actually wins for me with their food selection. They have a very nice spread for an AYCTE breakfast.

I will always love Tusker House...the food is good enough but the characters and the vibe and theme really make it worthwhile.

That said, of all the character breakfasts Hollywood and Vine actually wins for me with their food selection. They have a very nice spread for an AYCTE breakfast.

Is the Hollywood and Vine character breakfast Mickey and the gang or is it Disney Jr? We don't want Disney Jr.

I have little people so I won't go to anything that's buffet, maybe when they can get their own plates and I don't have to get up and down 8 million times.

Garden Grill has been my favorite in-park character breakfast, it's low key and fairly quiet and the character interactions are generally amazing.

Favorite in a hotel: it's a tie between Ohana and Topolino's. Food wise Topolinos probably wins, but Ohana has Stitch (and we have a big stitch fan here).

I have little people so I won't go to anything that's buffet, maybe when they can get their own plates and I don't have to get up and down 8 million times.

Garden Grill has been my favorite in-park character breakfast, it's low key and fairly quiet and the character interactions are generally amazing.

Favorite in a hotel: it's a tie between Ohana and Topolino's. Food wise Topolinos probably wins, but Ohana has Stitch (and we have a big stitch fan here).
Stitch is why I will be trying to book Ohana for breakfast

We like Tusker House because we can time it nicely. We do the last available breakfast time so we can RD a few attractions and then have a late breakfast which ties us over later into the day. There's just too much to do at MK in the morning for CP breakfast. In my opinion.

It is Disney Jr yes. I'm just saying that the breakfast spread is the best for food but yeah if you're not going with little ones or just looking for the original characters then definitely not worth it.

I also agree that Garden Grill is very relaxed and good food and the one character meal where you interact with the characters the most. They constantly came around...to the point it was almost too much!

Topolinos does have very good food and the character's are also fun and you get a great view if you go out on the terrace. It's just less food...still filling and much tastier...but of course less food.

We love Lilo and Stitch but last year when we did Ohana breakfast we were a little disappointed with the quality of food. No real bad way to go. I would do whatever is most convenient to you.

I love both. Crystal Palace went down a notch though when they took away the Pooh's french toast. I love the characters and atmosphere at Crystal Palace. I've always felt that it being in MK right near the castle made it seem sprinkled in pixie dust. We have skipped it the last two trips though because it does interfere with trying to get in as many MK rides as possible before the crowds really pick up. If we had 2 Mk days, we would add it back in.

Tusker house has always been good, and I feel like if we book the latest breakfast, we have enough time to get through a few attractions and then be ready to eat.

We also enjoy Garden Grill, Ohana, and Topolino. We recently went to Chef Mickey but despite being the first family to enter most of the food was not hot. Would love to try Hollywood and Vine, but we don't really want to see Disney Jr characters either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter