Please Help!

trish1970

<font color=green>Life is good at the Poly<br><fon
I am a WDW vet, but this is our first time to DL and I have so many questions and lots of planning to do. This board was invaluable for our last trip to WDW and I am thrilled to be back :goodvibes

Okay, We had our heart set on staying and the GC in October, but all rooms have been booked except for the last week in October. I would prefer to go earlier in October...... so, should we go earlier and stay at the DL hotel or wait and go at that end of Oct. and stay at the GC????? We will be with our 4 year old son.
What are the crowds like in October?
What about the weather? Still warm enough to swim in October?

Last question for now.... if you get a suite at the DL hotel, does it come with concierge service???

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH! ITs great to be back on these boards!

Hi Trish - October is a great time to go! The weather is generally still warm enough to go swimming (of course DD goes no matter what :rotfl2: ). We have never booked a suite at DLH, we always just pay for the concierge but I would assume it would be included. We are staying at the GC for the first time next month so I can't compare. I will tell you that our school district has the last week in October off for a Fall break. Have fun!! :wizard:

Trish,
I've been hearing that the GC is booked for quite a few dates in October. This seems really odd. We are leaving for DL in a week, staying at the GC and I booked a week ago!! I had a package booked and paid for at the DLH because the GC was full, but I continued to call WD Travel and check availabilty. A week ago they had rooms, so I called our TA and he was able to get us moved to the GC. (For an increase in price, of course!!) WD Travel waived the $200 per package change fee because we are upgrading. I would suggest you try this approach.
As far as suites at DLH automatically being concierge, I think I read somewhere that they weren't but I cannot find it in my travel books. I would call the hotel directly and ask this question. You will get the most definitive answer that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter