Please post when your school's out for the summer!

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out how late into May I can plan prior to school being out & park crowds rising!
THANKS!
Karla B.:sunny:

May 26th is our last day (Danville IN.)
We were thinking of going the last week of May next year (2006) because we have heard it is not "too busy." We always go in late October but next year our oldest will be in middle school and they do not like families taking their kids out for vacation ... her grades suffer now but she is only in elementary school (sixth grade this year ... how the time flies .. yuck.)

May 27th for our high schooler (seniors get out sooner). We live in the SW suburbs of Chicago.

The grammar schools and jr. high get out June 8th.

HTH.

Mary

Wow! You get out early. Is this K-12 or College?

We live in NJ and our kids don't get out till June 27th! That is only 2 or 3 days later than the neighboring towns.

Public schools in Massachusetts tentatively June 22, 2005, barring any blizzards.

Western New York Suburban schools (Buffalo, Depew, Hamburg, etc.)

We get out May 23rd.

To answer the "do you guys get out that early?!?!" question, yes we do, but we started school this year on August 9th so maybe that is the difference. This is K-12, by the way.

This schedule seems to be near the norm for most Southern schools.

Here in Southwest Ohio ,It's June 6th.

Kim:earsgirl: :earsboy:
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thanks, everyone! I'm thinking the first 3 weeks should be good for lower crowds...
Karla B.:sunny:

June 2 for Winona, MN public schools, the private schools get out the Friday before May 26th, I think.

We get out the Friday before Memorial Day weekend.

To the OP last year we went the third week of May. It wasn't too bad. When we were leaving on Saturday, POR was expecting to be at capacity that night. I was surprised thinking most people still had one more week of school!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter