• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me how the pillow case signing works

disneymom1

Mouseketeer
Can someone explain to me exactly how the pillowcase signing works? Obviously you have to provide a pillowcase. Where do you take it? When do you take it there? Do you leave it with someone or do you wait for it to be returned? Do you see the characters sign it? Do you have to provide a marker?

I'm sure my kids would get a big kick out of this so I need to know all the details. Thanks.

You put your pillowcase(s) in a zip baggie with permanent marker(s) and write your name and cabin number on the outside. Then leave the bag at guest services ASAP after you are settled on the ship and then check back in a few days for your signed pillowcase(s). You do not see them sign them.:D

This is not something that you will find into on in the Navigator or anything...it is something that a few people have done in the past and it has really taken off, I bet mostly because of these boards!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

MJ

We did this with t-shirts purchased on-board on our last cruise. I safety pinned a photo of each child and a little note letting them know my DD's favorite character. The shirts were returned the very next day. The back of each shirt was FULL of signatures.

Would like to do the same with pillow cases this January. Do we need to purchase something from Disney or have a 'Disney logo' on it?

I did this with a t shirt . . . I purchased the "My First Disney Cruise" shirt and gave it to the guest services CMs, and went back the next day & picked it up and the back was covered with signatures - Captain Hook, Tinker Bell, Mickey, etc. Very Cool!

:Pinkbounc

Does anyone know where to get Disney character pillow cases? I have looked everywhere!!!!! Do they sell them on board? What kind of marker did you provide? The sharpie laundry marker is what I was thinking of...anyone else?

so we bought our oldest dd a princess beach towel, our 7 year old ds a mickey hat and our 3 yr old son a buzz lightyear beach towel and it worked out wonderfully. The princesses (which were Belle, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella and Jasmine) ALL signed their names ON their picutres and then the others signed around it. We had Mickey and Minnie of course along with pluto, goofy, pinoccio, Cpt Hook, Mr Smee, chip and dale, donald and some others I forget. I put them all in a big shopping bag with 4 different colored sharpie markers (which were returned to me and all different colors were used on the towels and hats) and our name and stateroom number. I dropped it off on Monday and picked it up from Guest Services on tuesday afternoon. I was the envy of many in the elevator that day!!! It was really easy and my kids absolutely LOVE them!!!

Heidi

I provided a package of fabric paint pens. All were used in the signatures, so it looked pretty colorful.
K-mart has a Disney Pillowcase with just the piping having design, otherwise, I haven't seen any others. As for T-shirts, I think using a T-shirt bought on board is the best way to go, but if money is really tight, you can certainly bring something from home.
Another good tip I heard here on the board, was to include a tip or a treat of some kind, in the bag for the CM who gets to do all of those signatures.
Also, the item you bring can't have any other company or organizations' logos on it. By signing it, they would be endorsing that organization and they aren't allowed to do that. A lady from this board had her husband's firestation patch on an item, and had to take it off before they could sign it.
Guest Services have been great sports for doing this for us. They could stop doing it at anytime and leave us to stand in each characters' line for those extra signatures. Be sure and show your gratitude!

Hi there! Just returned from the 12/7 cruise :)

This was absolutely the best (and cheapest) souvenir from our trip. :)

I purchased two Disney pillow cases from KMart (about $5.00 each - they have about 5 different colors available) and took it to guest services. It was returned to our stateroom the next day full of signatures (at least 25 of them). The kids absolutely LOVE them! Great momento of the trip :)

Can the "My First Disney Cruise" t-shirts be bought only on the ship, or is there another way to buy them before you go? I would like to get one for DD who will be 20 months old when we cruise.

I think the My First Disney Cruise shirt can only be bought on board. In January we bought one for DD and had the characters sign it. We started out taking it to the individual characters but the CM that with Minnie said she couldn't sign it there and we had to take it to Guest Services. DD was a little disappointed but she was thrilled with the result! I think it is one of her favorite souveniers. She even wore it to school for show and tell.:)

Thanks! The signed T-shirt sounds like a great idea for a souvenir...not that my DD will probably care anyway....I'm not sure yet how she's going to respond to the characters! The shirt sounded more useful for us than a pillowcase because she doesn't sleep with a pillow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter