• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please tell me what ECV company has the nicest scooters.

Patpat15

DVCer
I know nobody seems to want to say which companies are better but I remember renting an ecv in 2003, it was from one of the top off site companies and it was totally beat up.

Embarassing to drive around, ripped cushions, etc. Since I did it online , they already had my money, I had no alternative but to have my mother in law use it. Then I saw all these other, off site rental ecvs that were mint all over the parks. Of course, I didn't write any names of those companies down. Now I looked on this site and see no real comments on the quality of each company's scooters.

Can someone please let me know which company has the new, nice scooters. My mother in law is coming with us to WDW for one week and I want her to have a scooter that isn't beat up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did walker drop off the scooter to your resort? and pick it up?

Did you have to be there at the time of drop off and pick up?

Thanks

Patpat15 said:
Did walker drop off the scooter to your resort? and pick it up?

Did you have to be there at the time of drop off and pick up?

Thanks

I, too, use Walker Mobility. They drop of fhe ECV & pick it up at the WDW resort without my being there. I have never had a problem.

JudithM said:
I, too, use Walker Mobility. They drop of fhe ECV & pick it up at the WDW resort without my being there. I have never had a problem.

I have had the same good experience with Walker. The ECV has been waiting for us when we get to our hotel and we just leave it when we check out.

I think you will find that everyone recommends the company they had good luck with and there is no one company that is so much better or so much worse than any of the other ones DIS posters recommend.
The 3 most commonly used ones seem to be Randys (which does require you to be there for pick up and delivery), Care and Walker (which don't require you to be there).

All the companies are buying new scooters almost continuously. They will repair the older ones to a certain extent and then dispose of them.

Two years ago when I moved down here I purchased a used scooter from Walkers. I was told that they had just replaced the seat two weeeks previously, and gave me brand new batteries. All I have needed done for repairs was have a flat tire replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter