Pls help me surprise my kids w Disney

txlb

Earning My Ears
We are 7 days out from our first family trip to Disney. Kids are 4,6,8 and they have absolutely no clue. We are thinking we will wait till that morning (early morning flight) to tell them. Any super great ideas to share? I had a friend suggest starting to randomly put red/white/black dots throughout the house all week long and then that morning, have something waiting for them when they come out of their room? Or I could maybe run into the airport first before unloading and ask the ticket counter to give them a letter? I don't know! Help please!! I'm not always the most creative but I can pull stuff off once I know what I am doing. I'm getting excited!

Oh there are a bunch of different ideas so it's more about finding the kind of thing you would like for your family:
* your idea with maybe the park tickets or magic bands outside
* you can easily download the disney font and create a letter. I would say the creative DISigns board but 7 days is a pretty short order.
* easy scavenger hunt in the morning
* tell them at the airport and see how long it takes for them to figure out where they are going
* have a sign on the car of WDW or Bust
* if you have time, have mickey pancakes and tell them Mickey wanted them to get their energy for the day to meet him in person
* give each kid a piece of a puzzle. One gets World, one gets Walt, one gets Disney (maybe the 4 YO). Open at the same time and they have to put the words in order.

We bought my little boy some Krispy Kreme donuts(his favorite) a few years ago, then when he opened the box we had cut the donut into the shape of Mickeys head and the box top inside said "surprise, we're headed to Disney".

Another time I just woke him up, with a Phone camera on, then asked him if we should do something fun that day. We started going through ideas and I said "how about Disney World?" of course, he thought I was kidding first off. It was great! I love doing that to him :)

Oh, also you could do the thing where Mickey calls your house a tells them. I think they still do that.

We are going in about 5 weeks and we have a special bag of treats for each kid. We got each of them an Olaf reusable bag from the dollar spot at Target and filled it with all things Disney...stuff to keep them busy on the plane (stickers, silly putty, candy, trail mix, Star Wars mad libs, small Mickey plush, park maps, autograph book, etc). Okay it's not ALL Disney but almost all of it is.
On the day of our trip we will put the bags out so they will see them when they get home from school and tell them we got them a surprise and to open the bags. If they go through the bags and still haven't figured it out, at the very bottom of the bag will be their park tickets! We will leave right then and there!
:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy:

The night before, surprise them. Wrap up a big box and tell them to all open it together.
Inside of it, put their magic bands, a disney shirt for each of them, maybe some mickey ears or a disney gift card for each of them with like $20 on it? That way you don't just tell them. They get some cool new things to go with the surprise ;)

My mom did this for me and my brother when I was 12 and he was 7 (I'm 18 now). And we loved it, and I plan on doing the same thing for my kids one day.

We did a scavenger hunt, but planned it 3 weeks before the trip to add to the build-up of anticipation and excitement. The clues were printed on the back of a Mickey head that we cut, so when all the clues were gathered, they would have to solve the puzzle on back. While they were running through the house getting clues, we moved a wrapped present (luggage set) into the living room. They solved the puzzle and unwrapped the box to find their own Disney personalized luggage tags and magic bands inside.

Have an amazing trip!!

The night before, surprise them. Wrap up a big box and tell them to all open it together.
Inside of it, put their magic bands, a disney shirt for each of them, maybe some mickey ears or a disney gift card for each of them with like $20 on it? That way you don't just tell them. They get some cool new things to go with the surprise ;)

My mom did this for me and my brother when I was 12 and he was 7 (I'm 18 now). And we loved it, and I plan on doing the same thing for my kids one day.
I would absolutely not do this. If your kids are anything like mine, they will be too excited to fall asleep until very late and then wake up very early in the morning.

I would absolutely not do this. If your kids are anything like mine, they will be too excited to fall asleep until very late and then wake up very early in the morning.

No need to be rude...just a suggestion.
Easter is coming up this Sunday. If you celebrate, you could still do this idea but put it in the Easter baskets.

We waited until we had arrived at the airport in Orlando and they saw the large Disney display at the Disney store. They knew we were going on a trip but didn't know where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter