Plus Size Riders

Wineaux

Earning My Ears
A couple of people in our group are of the plus size variety.

Which rides will be accomodating and which will not? (You can skip any of the kiddy rides since we won't be bringing any children with us.)

Any insight into this would be much appreciated!

Here's a link to another unofficial Disney site that has a whole section for larger sized riders:
http://www.wdwig.com/ridsiz.htm

Hopefully that will help out.
I'm plus sized (wear pants sizes in the 20's) and I've never have had problems fitting on any ride at WDW comfortably - the only thing I can think of off hand that gave me problems are the rides like Test Track and Dinosaur that have lap belts (like a seat belt) it was a tight fit on our last trip, but I still rode safely and comfortably.

Also the turnstyles at some rides can be tricky to get thru but there's always the wheelchair entrance on most of them if you think there's no way you'll fit thru.

I'm sure you'll have a great time....and don't skip the "kiddie rides" some of those are the best part of WDW!! ::MickeyMo

Being of the plus size variety myself, I've never had a problem with any of the rides either! like some others, I'm in the 20's too and can still ride the kiddy rides like Peter Pan etc. HAVE FUN and don't give up on the kiddy rides!

I am a size 26 and rode everything comfy.. didnt try test trac (ran out of time) but space mountain was fine as I am pretty flexible and dont have movement issues.. the cm there was really helpful as were the ones at most rides.. they are careful to offer you the front sections as they usually have more legroom..

we even did some kiddie rides like the barnstormer and i fit just fine with my 3 yr old dd!!

have fun and dont feel intimidated!

M

Thank you very much for your help. This will make our friends much more comfortable and able to focus on the "magic" and hopefully not the ugliness that can lurk in the hearts of some who think it's funny, cool or okay to make fun of them.

I am 6' 6" and not a fly weight either and I ride them all, some of the 'kiddie' ones too, and I have a year to go to 60. Enjoy the magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter