Podcast 4/18 Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran
It is such a shame to still have to state this! Slowly society (not just in the US) is getting more accepting about minorities and those who have faced prejudice for generations!
Hopefully the next generation (for example my son who is 7) will be able to be who he is and do what he chooses

I don't understand how so many of the comments today on the podcast are so blatantly trans/homophobic. It's so disrespectful to the owners of this company, the employees and the followers. If you hate everything and anything LGBTQ+ why do you get your Disney info from this outlet?

The show was good today. Watched it over lunch. But I wouldn’t waste my breath giving the Gov any more sound bites.

It puts their Gov on the news. This might be a case from the campaign’s perspective that all news is good news.

Last edited:
This was a great show, and I thought the team did a fantastic job handling a very important subject we all should be paying attention to - and not just for the implications to Disney. Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right, and I thought they did a great job of being honest and professional at the same time.

Last edited:
I will respect the "no politics" policy by not adding my considered opinion on the threat to Florida and the nation posed by the current administration. I'll merely say BRAVO to Ryno and the entire panel for addressing an important issue, that does indeed effect Disney vacations, with the intelligence, professionalism, candor, courage, and humanity which has always been the hallmark of this podcast, and has always distinguished this podcast from so many from the Disney genre. Thank you.

This is a response to the So Long, Farewell thread. Just want to give my support to all the courageous Dis staff who showed up for Tuesday's podcast. Thank you. Based on the thread's comments and the YT comments during the podcast, that took guts. I will join the highest Patreon level I'm able to afford. I am flabergasted by what is going in Florida (and much of the USA). I used to laugh at all the crazy stuff down there but it's no longer funny. This is not only about freedom of speech issues... (which the right always seems to say is sacred unless it's against them). It's about erasing the lives of human beings. And for those ¨anti-wokes¨ out there who might end up eading this: Woke = caring for human beings who are different from you. THAT IS ALL that being woke means. But you don't care. So this country is phoqued. So Bonjour Dis! Love you Ryno, Craig, Erica, and Julie! :love:

This is a response to the So Long, Farewell thread. Just want to give my support to all the courageous Dis staff who showed up for Tuesday's podcast. Thank you. Based on the thread's comments and the YT comments during the podcast, that took guts. I will join the highest Patreon level I'm able to afford. I am flabergasted by what is going in Florida (and much of the USA). I used to laugh at all the crazy stuff down there but it's no longer funny. This is not only about freedom of speech issues... (which the right always seems to say is sacred unless it's against them). It's about erasing the lives of human beings. And for those ¨anti-wokes¨ out there who might end up eading this: Woke = caring for human beings who are different from you. THAT IS ALL that being woke means. But you don't care. So this country is phoqued. So Bonjour Dis! Love you Ryno, Craig, Erica, and Julie! :love:

Well said! I completely agree.

It is not funny what is happening in FL, TX, Missouri, and a bunch of other states.

Woke is a GOOD thing.

Thank you for such a powerful post. This is just so sad to keep seeing what is going on in this great country of ours. It is pure hate period. Thank you to all the wonderful Dis contributors.

I love this and I totally agree! Well said. 😊

Truly enjoyed Ryno as the host this week. Julie gave some awesome opinions as as a Mom. Erica also provided great input as an LGBTQIA’s advocate. Craig as well as an ally. Unsure why another post stated this was based on rumors and opinions? I listened and everything I heard was based on fact. Sometimes I listen to the podcast for trip planning and other times I listen for information about Florida. Ryno you are a treasure. Pete I know you aren’t a fan of political discussion but I truly believe sometimes it is necessary. Wishing all of you love and hugs and especially peace.

One of the many things that I enjoy when Ryno hosts is the pacing and energy of the show. For me, I find the show keeps a forward momentum, even when a topic might be explored for a longer length of time. There's a refreshing spirit that for me resonates as a type of shared fandom, whether a covered topic has a positive, negative or neutral take. It feels authentic, and I feel at heart that's what these DIS podcasts have strived to be.

Ryno and I also tend to share similar nerdy interests, so I know when Ryno hosts I might get "more" out of a podcast than another host. I love that the team comes with different strengths, and greatly appreciate that when other team members host, other audience folx are getting "more" out of that podcast. I suppose it's part of the human condition to have favorites, and for me, one of mine for hosting is Ryno. Thanks for sharing your talents and gifts. A big howdy and thanks to the whole team! :cutie: :lovestruc

regardless of the political controversies of last week, Ryno is a great host. he is an entertainer. i don't know enough about his goals and skills and whatnot but of all the supporting cast i'd think he's got the brightest future, if he chooses to do his own show/channel someday

regardless of the political controversies of last week, Ryno is a great host. he is an entertainer. i don't know enough about his goals and skills and whatnot but of all the supporting cast i'd think he's got the brightest future, if he chooses to do his own show/channel someday
He has his own channel that he uploads to occasionally. It's non-Disney content though (I assume all of his Disney stuff goes through the DIS channel):
https://www.youtube.com/@RyanClavin/featured

I like all the hosts on the podcast however this show was way too political. I thought Pete was trying to get away from that. I will still listen but please do not go this extreme again and keep the topic about Disney. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter