podcast today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicenwonderment

DIS Veteran
Was there a podcast today? I looked on the boards and Pete's twitter and didn't see a cancellation mentioned but can't find it. Thanks!

They only communicated to Patreon about there being no show and apparently went live again with more info about the Wish.

I am just shaking my head, you are a TRAVEL AGENCY, I guess being Patreon content provider must be more lucrative because this feels terribly mishandled. I don't understand why for weeks they haven't been advertising, "We will do a big special edition Wish show on XYZ." I can get why they would want to wait until the MV to give Disney a chance to work out the bugs, I can totally get why they would give Pete a day after disembarking to rest, but why did they not plan ahead and look at a calendar and TELL US when to tune in?

I feel like it's such a missed opportunity. They could have had a full room with others on zoom all of people who had been on the ship. I think having a Dreams agent or two on such a show could have been home run. They could have gone over menus and shows and everything, even if you didn't want to "review", you could have talked for over an hour. I am a nerd and love the detailed information shows a la the now abandoned Dreams show. What a chance to be a resource to the expert level fan and repeat cruiser who no longer see a value in a TA. For the first time in a long time, these folks find themselves as a "newbie" again and are looking for information and you could capture their business.

Even if you knew you wanted to be cautious to not cover the ship prematurely, just communicate so we know what your plan was. And if canceling yesterday was because of a unexpected problem, that's completely fine but just communicate, tweet at us or something.

I have definitely been looking at other Disney sources because I can't make heads or tail of when the Dis plans to cover it in the round table format.

Last edited:

Pete, I realize you need to promote your business and make money (especially after wasting $5,900 buying a drink), but I think you might be penny wise and pound foolish pandering to your paying viewers and not to the general public that cannot afford all these pay for view shows. I'm sorry you think so little of us. We do use Dreams Unlimited and our travel agent (Kerry) is simply the best. However, as the previous poster pointed out, I use to come to your YT posting for information. I guess I can not get that anymore unless I purchase your Patreon class? It is like concierge, just something I choose not to spend my disposable income on.
Katesdad

Guys and gals chiiiiiill.

They don't owe us anything. Sure an update would be nice but they create content for us to watch and be entertained by. Just because DIS Unplugged didn't post anything doesn't mean the other channels haven't. The boat is in Nassau as I type this out so don't expect a real show until they get back to Orlando. I'm not being an apologist for them but a realist.

I can understand why Patreon is getting SOMETHING as it is a paid service.

The boat is in Nassau as I type this out so don't expect a real show until they get back to Orlando.
My understanding is that is a new cruise and various team members have been on three different Wish cruises that have all since returned.

Your point is well taken and we can disagree but we are not asking for an update while they are literally at sea. The DVC cruise is the one at sea right now correct? Is anyone on the team currently on it? I wouldn't know, they don't update us LOL, maybe someone from Patreon can tell us. :rolleyes2

We know all about Disney Cruise Line wifi and of course we would expect them to return to Orlando first, which they have.

Last edited:

I am going to take a little accountability here. I have been critical of them for withholding the Wish content. It's definitely fair game to disagree with me and maybe I should just go find Disney content elsewhere. They don't owe me anything. I think it's a missed opportunity but that's just my opinion. I think there is something to be said that is was their Dreams clients and the main YT audience being the reason they had the access to the ship (NOT Patreon), but these are just my opinions, certainly those can be debated.

However, I think the other PP, Katesdad is different, being a current Dreams client, it's valid for a customer to give feedback to Pete and they shouldn't be lumped in with me. Even though Disney technically pays TAs, a Dreams client does have a different standing and I would want to speak up to respecting that their opinions carry more weight than mine. Basically, as a customer their feedback is valid period.

Last edited:
So let me understand all of this. We criticize them for having a privilege point of view but we also criticize them for not talking about said privileges?

Okay, I feel like mentioning privilege you are trying to spin this up into a debate about a different topic just to get it shut down. That's not what I said at all. I don't want to keep repeating myself.

I feel like they did several of these type of discussions about the Star Wars Hotel where Craig and others discussed it in detailed (without reviewing it.) I just assumed we would see something similar? Instead week by week we are trying to discern what they are doing in the tea leaves.

Last edited:
If you had joined Patreon you would have gotten both an update and a show…
If the podcast will now be behind a paywall then they should simply say so. Personally I will not pay for access to the show I have always supported the Dis in other ways but that’s just me.
If they choose to permanently put the show behind a paywall I will respect their decision and move on.

If you spent less time complaining about Patreon in this thread and more time reading replies to your other threads complaining about Patreon you’d have seen that there’s already many many hours of free wish content from the team on the DCL fan channel…

They may be looking for thoughts and discussion more so than wordless (but appreciated!) walkthroughs. I too want to see them talk about it, but I understand if the cruise ended on Monday, they might wait until next week and get some rest, which is fine.

Last edited:
They may be looking for thoughts and discussion more so than wordless (but appreciated!) walkthroughs. I too want to see them talk about it, but I understand if the cruise ended on Monday, they might wait until next week, which is fine.
It’s also a case of “Pete won’t give his honest opinions until he’s paid for something”… this has been the case for YEARS. It’s pointless doing any sort of discussion when you’re getting stuff for free, because if you give it a glowing review, people assume it’s because you were comped. Loads of people do that, and that’s fine, but we’re here for the honesty.

As for wasting money on a $5,000 drink… you’re not REALLY buying the drink. You’re buying a ticket to the Skywalker Ranch, which pretty much nobody gets to go to, and the drink is a little bonus.

Stepping in here to clear some things up.

First, there was in fact no show this week. Pete had all intentions of doing a show even though they were getting off the Wish on Tuesday morning and doing a full show about it but things went wrong. Ryno couldn't come to the studio as he was with a friend over the weekend who ended up with COVID and didn't want to risk potentially exposing others if he himself came down with it. Panda was the only other person who could run the show and he's never done a live one before on our setup, plus he wanted to get the drink video done immediately, so because of that Pete canceled it.

Second, there was no post about it because I was on vacation and not working at all except for the 6 days I was with awesome DISers on the Backstage Magic ABD trip. It was my first since 2018 and took advantage of the fact that I was in National Parks with no reception because any other time I'm out of town I'm still working either full-time hours or part-time. Ryno doesn't use the boards and he doesn't have Facebook and those are the two places we'd post about the show with the third being Twitter. It's not that we were neglecting anyone, but without me being around to make the post it just didn't happen.

Third, we are filming our next batch of DCL Shows on Monday including a full review of the Disney Wish from Pete and Panda that will release next Wednesday on DCLFan. I'm sure the Tuesday Show next week will also be a massive review about the Wish because right now it is what Pete wants to talk about for obvious reasons. And there are still a ton of videos to come from the Wish from what Panda just filmed this last time around including dining reviews and the rest of our overviews and walk-throughs that we didn't get finished before I went on vacation. About the only thing in question is 2 Dudes on a Cruise. The intention was to get it filmed and uploaded before the Maiden Voyage, but again for the 10th time, vacation, so now I'm not sure if the content is relevant anymore. It was bad timing and also we barely spent any time together so it was more like a solo vlog of me and then some Corey every now and then.

Fourth and I think finally, we are not really hiding anything behind the Patreon paywall. Pete wanted to talk about the Disney Wish and he did so under the banner of Pete's Solo Show which is technically a benefit for those in the $10 and up tiers. I believe he did this one for all tiers since it was video. Our Patreon content is all extras. The only technicality of that is Ryno's DIS POP 2. Pete decided a long time ago that he wanted DIS POP to end because it wasn't getting the traction that warranted the time and energy being put into it. When Pete says we have to stop something, we stop it, but Ryno had the chance to revive it in a different way on Patreon. When we created our Patreon we established with ourselves that the one thing we'd never do is take the shows we have on YouTube and put them behind the paywall exclusively. Any content we make has to be in addition to what we are already doing on our main channels. About the only thing we have kicked around is potentially one day putting pre-2013 audio episodes behind the paywall, but as I said, we've only kicked that around and clearly have never acted on it.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop a response and if I missed anything I'll follow-up again.

Stepping in here to clear some things up.....
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family. Glad you cleared up the fact that there is only one in the cooker and not two as that is what I was thinking when I saw the picture with the two sonograms being held. Get ready for your life to change for the better.
Katesdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter