• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Point Ownership

How many total points do you own?

• 0-50

• 51-100

• 101-300

• 301-500

• 501-700

• 701-900

• 901-1200

• 1201-2500

• 2501+

Results are only viewable after voting.

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
While this question has recently been asked, I thought a poll format would be more meaningful to get a graphic view of how many points everyone owns.

I own 240.

As of 3/25, based on 430 replies so far, the calculated average (taking the midpoint of each range times the number of responses in that range and dividing the total sum of all ranges by the number of responses) is 338 points!!

For those of you that own over 500 points, do you use them all in one year?

If so, how do you spend/split them? I am just curious because we are trying to understand/figure out how many will be right for us.

TIA

If so, how do you spend/split them? I am just curious because we are trying to understand/figure out how many will be right for us.

TIA

VB contract covers 5-6 nights in a 2br over Spring Break(bank/borrow to get 6th night)
SSR- Thanksgiving in a 2br and one short trip per year(3-4 nts) then bank what ever is left.

200 - BWV
50 - SSR (recent victom of Addonitis) :cool1:

FWIW - DVC guide told me that the mathmatical average was 208 per family.

Bought 200 BWV last summer then this winter added 25 more. Hoping to add 25 or 50 more either at BWV or AKV!

TIA

We have a total of 750 points. For us (with extended family in tow) we do two 1 week trips a year in a two bedroom. On our AKV points we plan to use them every other year.

I also give trips to my employees for outstanding performance. This year we are giving a week in a two bedroom to one employee for her family and a long weekend trip to another employee in a one bedroom.

Anything extra we bank knowing it will be used in future. I think we banked 104 points this year. It would have been a bit more but we rented around 60 ponts to someone. Renting is not something I would normally do however; this was the one time I have ever rented.

TIA

AKV - 5 SV nights in October
BCV - 5 nights in December
OKW - 5 nights in January at VWL, 5 nights in May in VB and 5 nights in November in OKW

Mix of one and two bedroom villas

TIA
I have absolutely no idea. :teeth:
We had 1100 points as of last month, then we purchased 300 more at AKV for a total of 1400.
We have never rented a single point. In fact, we are in borrowing mode most of the time.

I will say that we never worry about weekends, have never booked a studio, and we treat family quite often with a 2br and beach cottage at Vero. We have also done a cat 3 cruise, and some other Disney Collection offerings.
Our new thing may be to book a room for the day prior to arrival so our room is ready when we get there in the morning.

I see where we can cut back if needed, but at the moment it's not needed.
I would consider selling some points, but the wife won't let me! :)

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter