Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Yes, I found out when I stayed up to midnight to book my kids’ appointments that Halton changed their update to 3am. I wish Halton would just do it at 7 or 8 am like other regions instead of random hours in the middle of the night.
Oh, that's good to know.

Anyone know what's happening with the 16+ that were originally given a 4 month rescheduling window? My kids (16 and 18) have had their first shot, but they also have a Sept second shot scheduled. I'd like to try to move that up, but I don't know how to do that without cancelling the one they have ('bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush' and all that). I don't want to cancel their Sept appt and then find out they can't get the second until Oct. Can't seem to get anyone on the phone, either.

Oh, that's good to know.

Anyone know what's happening with the 16+ that were originally given a 4 month rescheduling window? My kids (16 and 18) have had their first shot, but they also have a Sept second shot scheduled. I'd like to try to move that up, but I don't know how to do that without cancelling the one they have ('bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush' and all that). I don't want to cancel their Sept appt and then find out they can't get the second until Oct. Can't seem to get anyone on the phone, either.

Your original appointment will not cancel until you select a new day/time and hit submit/confirm on the Halton website.

I had tried to reschedule my daughter’s second appt but since she did not have her first appt yet, the system wanted me to reselect the first appt before going to the next screen to change the second appt. Her original first dose day/time was actually no longer available so I gave up trying to reschedule her second appt. I just exited out of the screen without continuing and nothing was changed.

Last edited:
@Silvermist999, I wish I had read this earlier today. I was obsessing about an appointment I booked and was concerned if I went in again to see it I would cancel my first appointment. Good to know that is not the case. This is valuable information for those navigating the Ontario website for the first time. Thanks for posting.

@Silvermist999, I wish I had read this earlier today. I was obsessing about an appointment I booked and was concerned if I went in again to see it I would cancel my first appointment. Good to know that is not the case. This is valuable information for those navigating the Ontario website for the first time. Thanks for posting.

Hi, I‘m going to edit my post as I was speaking about my experience with the Halton portal, which @FigmentSpark had asked about.

Halton is not using the province’s website. I would assume the province would be similar but best to double check before you proceed.

Your original appointment will not cancel until you select a new day/time and hit submit/confirm on the Halton website.

I had tried to reschedule my daughter’s second appt but since she did not have her first appt yet, the system wanted me to reselect the first appt before going to the next screen to change the second appt. Her original first dose day/time was actually no longer available so I gave up trying to reschedule her second appt. I just exited out of the screen without continuing and nothing was changed.
Thanks. A month ago, when I was booking their first appointments, you had to cancel one before it showed you the opportunity to pick another.

So, I got second appts for DH and I, who'd gotten AZ. Then I re-did DS16's second appt, which I got to be the same day as ours.

Today, I went in to change DS18's second appt from Sept to something earlier, but it said there were no appts available. Now, I don't know if that's because they are booked up or because he's 18 and they aren't booking those second appts any earlier.

DH is booked for his second dose of AZ on Saturday. He got his notification from the pharmacy today. I had dose#2 of Phizer on Sunday,

We are in BC

Do you mind if I ask ages? It would seem you got your shots in early April (or earlier?) We got our AZ on April 21, so hoping to be contacted very soon. It will be 8 weeks next Wednesday!

Do you mind if I ask ages? It would seem you got your shots in early April (or earlier?) We got our AZ on April 21, so hoping to be contacted very soon. It will be 8 weeks next Wednesday!

I am 51. I got my first one ( Phizer) on March 27 but am a health care worker (RN)

My DH just turned 56 ( was 55 when he got his first dose). He got his first dose of AZ on April 15 so this week is 8 weeks. He just got his invite today from the pharmacy.

Sounds like you should hear something soon! 🤞

Last edited:
I am 51. I got my first one ( Phizer) on March 27 but am a health care worker (RN)

My DH just turned 56 ( was 55 when he got his first dose). He got his first dose of AZ on April 15 so this week is 8 weeks. He just got his invite today from the pharmacy.

Sounds like you should hear something soon! 🤞
Interesting, in Ontario we have to wait until week 12 to get our second shot after having AZ for the first. Which province are you in (for those who may not realize they qualify)?

Even if Ontario changes the timeline for 2nd jabs for those of us who got the AZ hubby and I will be waiting the full 12 weeks. This is us following the science -- the study that I linked in the other vaccine thread that was carried out provided the proof that the efficacy jumps from 55.1% efficacy with a 6 week interval to 81.3% efficacy with a 12 week interval. The study involved 24,422 participants.

Links and screenshots for those who might be interested:

BMJ Covid-19: New data on Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine backs 12 week dosing interval

here's the very long and detailed full study information for all the science geeks out there!
Study on timing of AZ vaccine

So I'm thinking it might just be my bad luck ... but I had my first AZ on April 27th. Apparently I can't even request an appointment for a second dose until July 9th (based on current criteria on the Provincial site) ---- my 12 week date is July 10th..... guessing it will still be way longer than 12 weeks for me. Pharmacy says they have no idea about supply so can't book anything right now. Sort of felt not great for having the AZ when they shut AZ down for 1st doses due to the risks just days after my 1st shot .... feel like we've been left in the lurch again now. Collateral damage seems to be where I am now.

Last edited:
Even if Ontario changes the timeline for 2nd jabs for those of us who got the AZ hubby and I will be waiting the full 12 weeks. This is us following the science -- the study that I linked in the other vaccine thread that was carried out provided the proof that the efficacy jumps from 55.1% efficacy with a 6 week interval to 81.3% efficacy with a 12 week interval. The study involved 24,422 participants.

Links and screenshots for those who might be interested:
BMJ Covid-19: New data on Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine backs 12 week dosing interval
View attachment 580958

here's the very long and detailed full study information for all the science geeks out there!
Study on timing of AZ vaccine

View attachment 580959

View attachment 580960

The reason they are doing after 8 weeks is that with the Delta variant, they want to boost people's immunity as quickly as possible. Second shot after 8 weeks is better during weeks 8-12 than just having the one shot for weeks 8-12. Those weeks between 8 and 12 when you only have one AZ shot leaves you more vulnerable than if you have your second shot at 8 weeks.

Last edited:
My daughter and my husband had their first vaccine in April (after the 18th) and are schedule for the 2nd in August.
My son & I had our first vaccine in May. He's been moved up to July for his 2nd (restaurant worker) and I'm still in Sept for my 2nd.
My Dad just had his 2nd shot yesterday.
Pfizer for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter