*POLL* What are your plans if affected by Disney Closure?

If affected by March Closure or COVID-19 in general- What are your plans? Cancel? Postpone?

• Cancel without reschedule

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Reschedule to April or May

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Reschedule to June or July

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to Aug or Sept

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Reschedule to Oct or Nov

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to December or Jan

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • I have no idea what we're going to do

Votes: 85 26.3%
  • Other - can add additional info in comments

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters
We escaped WDW today and I was frankly kind of amazed that there wasn’t a frantic exodus from our resort. People seemed to be leisurely enjoying the place (CSR).

Our cruise leaving Monday was just cancelled so now I'm scrambling to think of anything. I thought about booking a couple of nights at one of the resorts just for some pool time and disney feel. What are everyones thoughts? Do you think they will close the resorts or Disney Springs?

Our March 20th trip is obviously off and our AP expires in May.
We booked an 8 day trip and won't be able to go again before the ticket expires so it really deflates the value of the AP for us.
Might be done with Disney for awhile.
Pretty disappointed to miss our trip.
Still trying to sort out the airline mess.

Rescheduled our trip from March 22-29 to April 19-27. We live a few miles down the road from the parks and the family was devastated. I can't imagine what some of you guys that have a whole ordeal to get to Disney are going through.

Even with everything going on, it is wild to see the availability right now as far as....anything you want to schedule. ADRs, rooms, BBB, anything. Given, it's likely the cancellation is extended, so I understand why the availability is there, but man, I just want to take a screenshot of all this availability and frame it.

I'm scheduled for June, so I haven't been hit by the closures yet. However, if it gets to be late May-ish and it still looks like the parks are remaining closed, DH and I will have to make a decision. Either we go anyways and just hang out at the resorts, or we cancel and save up our points for use when DFIL wants to visit next year.

We're also booked for mid May and I'm praying that the parks will be open. Taking my 85 year old mom (on her bucket list) and while she's fine now, there is no guarantee that she will be in the future so I really hope we can do this! We'll probably reschedule for early September, but with the heat and hurricane probabilities, it's not ideal. All we can do is cross our fingers and take it as it comes I guess. I feel for the people who are dealing with this now. :(

Our trip sf April 27-May 2, and we haven't reached a final decision on moving it or keeping it. If the parks are open, crowds might be very very low and it would be a great trip. It might be smarter to just move it to the fall week we've chosen while there is still availability at our resort, but am I really that smart?

I probably have a work trip rescheduled for our AKL week, which I got with a pin code. I don’t think I will get those rates at a later time when I’m available. It just depends what happens but a refund is probably in my future.

We are on our vacation now cut short, the parks were all ready full and now so full we cant walk...
We left and went to the beach. Disney gave us our money back. We are going to try for a late fall. It will be a short trip but we will get our Disney in

I have a May, an August, and a December trip planned right now. The August and December trips are paid for, but cancelable. May is a room only, and I have a backup trip booked for June if I have to cancel May. If both May and June are a no go, I am not sure where I would work in a reschedule, as we all get a lot of vacation time and there would be a scramble to squeeze everyone’s plans in. I have another vacation in October but it is not Disney.

Last edited:
Thankfully we took our family trip in February. I had a weekend solo trip planned for 3/27-3/29 that I had to cancel. After looking at my schedule I decided to take off a different Friday and go 5/1-5/3. My annual pass expires 4/22 but since they are extending passes for as many days as the parks are closed I was able to still book the room under my annual pass and secure fastpasses (had to call for this, as it wasn't allowing me to make fastpasses 5/1 because it showed my annual pass expired before then). If the parks are STILL closed then, me and my best friend have a trip planned for August, I'll let my annual pass expire and buy a new one in August so I have more time to use it.

I am scheduled for May 3-9 and as of now I’m keeping everything. If something was to happen and the parks are still closed then, I’m thinking of moving it to June or possibly September if need be. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that May works out. I’ve been looking forward to this trip :worried:

I had a trip planned for April 20-24 that I went ahead and cancelled without a concrete reschedule. What this does do for me, though, is that the money I would've spent on this can now be put toward renewing my AP in May/June, and then maybe I'll do a late summer trip, perhaps around August.

We have a May 3-7 and a Nov. trip, both military discount room only. Still on the fence about May and will decide late April. Have a pending health test that may make the decision for us. Hope everyone can reschedule their trips.

I am recently retired and I have an AP!! I have a mid-May trip, an end of September trip and a early November trip planned. I won't be too disappointed if our May trip has to be canceled. This current closure is giving me the option of altering the dates of my November trip with the two weeks they are adding to my AP.

We have a mid May trip planned and are still hopeful, but we decided if May is a no go we will go in Sept. or Oct and if a hurricane threatens Sept we will then reschedule for next May. We are super looking forward to our trip but if it needs to be this Sept or next May, its all good. I will book my fall choice as a room only ( we always only book room only) within a few weeks so i have the hotel and room we want, then stalk for a discount if one comes up so i can apply it. If May is a go, i will just cancel Sept and get my deposit back. If Disney is still closed this May our park hoppers will just be used for the next trip and Disney will automatically refund the After Hours events we paid for.

We have early June so not affected yet, but if it comes to that we'll reschedule for start of August and do Central America in June instead. (Assuming it's reasonable to travel by then) I can't help thinking that if Disney is still closed it's gotten bad enough we shouldn't be going anywhere.

I am being optimistic that the parks will have re-opened by the time of our trip, April 21 - 28. We can't reschedule immediately, as one of us is a teacher who was going during her break. My AP expires in early May, and I was not planning on renewing it with the latest big increase, as I'm not local and it will no longer pay for itself with 2 trips.

I may try an early December trip, not sure yet. I may just wait until next year which would make me sad as that would mean no Disney at all in 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter