• Storytellers dinner buffet

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Goofy’s dinner buffet

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Absolutely neither

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends on what you're looking for. What are your requirements in terms of food? Atmosphere? Your level of child-like wonder? Both will have characters, but after doing some research (I've never been to either) it sounds like people enjoyed Storyteller's a bit more than Goofy, although it was a close one. It sounds to me like Storyteller's is a little lower key in terms of the Disney-esque flare and kids-vibe. Goofy's will give you more of the latter.

Storyteller's is a great atmosphere.....relaxing, quiet-ish. Goofy's is loud and high energy with lots of kids. The food is better at Storyteller's as well and you do not have to do the buffet, they also have dinner items on a menu.
Storyteller's all the way!

Will both have characters? I was under the impression that GK was the only character dinner on property. If that is still the case, then it seems that if you want characters and photos, do GK. If you prefer better food, do Storyteller's.

Will both have characters? I was under the impression that GK was the only character dinner on property. If that is still the case, then it seems that if you want characters and photos, do GK. If you prefer better food, do Storyteller's.
Depends on what you're looking for. What are your requirements in terms of food? Atmosphere? Your level of child-like wonder? Both will have characters, but after doing some research (I've never been to either) it sounds like people enjoyed Storyteller's a bit more than Goofy, although it was a close one. It sounds to me like Storyteller's is a little lower key in terms of the Disney-esque flare and kids-vibe. Goofy's will give you more of the latter.
Story tellers dinner doesn’t have characters.

I was going to do Goofy's but instead we are doing 730a at Plaza Inn. More characters with less of the "common" ones, and you're already in the park before it opens.

I was going to do Goofy's but instead we are doing 730a at Plaza Inn. More characters with less of the "common" ones, and you're already in the park before it opens.
Thanks. I've done minnies with my kids. We’re looking for a dinner.

I voted for goofys because it pleases everyone. But we are going in January just DH and I and we are not doing any character dinners. And for us two I want to do Steakhouse 55 and Napa Rose, but between your choices i would do Storytellers for 2 adults and Goofys for families.

Well there’s at least 10 restaurants I’d choose for dinner over those two but if for some reason I could only pick from those two options then I would do storytellers. The food there is a lot higher quality than at Goofy’s Kitchen & the atmosphere is nice/relaxed. Goofy’s got characters (which us two adults with no kids still love to meet) but the food isn’t so good and if I was doing a character meal I’d just choose a different one at breakfast time instead.

It really depends on what you want. Do you want characters? Is this for a night out of the parks?

We go to Goofy’s on our arrival nights because we are not going to the parks and the kids love it. I love watching their joy. My husband hates it. It’s so expensive that it’s not for him but he’s also not a Disney person at all. I don’t usually like the food but last time we went it was better. If I didn’t have the kids with us we wouldn’t go there because I’d want much better food for the price and he’d definitely agree. I’ve never been to Steakhouse55 but for that price I’d rather have a good steak and conversation. Goofy’s is loud! But if you love characters and want that interaction then of course that’s a different story. We do like the atmosphere and food at the Jazz Kitchen.

My hubby loves the buffet at Storytellers I am not big on buffets so I order off the menu, win win. We go every trip.
I love the character interaction at Goofy's but the buffet is better at Storytellers.

My hubby loves the buffet at Storytellers I am not big on buffets so I order off the menu, win win. We go every trip.
I love the character interaction at Goofy's but the buffet is better at Storytellers.

Is there an alternate menu available? I’d love to just order off the menu so I can be ready to get pictures of the kids with characters.

Is there an alternate menu available? I’d love to just order off the menu so I can be ready to get pictures of the kids with characters.
At dinner (lunch & brunch) there is an actual menu in addition to the buffet. You can view it on the official Disneyland app & on the website. Keep in mind that there are no characters at Storytellers outside of breakfast time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter