Polly PICS?????

WDW123

Mickey Ears 1
Anyone have pics of the Polly??? I would love to see them, we are going in august after our April trip, and really want to see some PICS, please post!!!:thumbsup2

Hi - There are two other "threads" with Poly photos that are easy to find right now. Just go back to the Resort Photos list of topics, and you'll find them.

Have a magical visit in April and in August!

WDW123 I am truly pleased that you are psyched about your upcoming visit to the Polynesian, however, as a Polynesian Veteran I feel obliged to warn you that once you stay at the Poly you will not want to stay anywhere else!

My family and I have tried many of the Disney Hotels and we always come home to the Poly! There's no downside to the place that we have discovered!

As far as the rooms go, whether you're paying $350 p/n for a "Garden View" or $650 p/n for a "Concierge Lagoon View" the rooms are all the same! The views are all very nice it's just your personal preference! But whether you're looking at the tropical foliage in a "Garden View" room, or looking at the pool in a "Water View" room, or gazing across the 7 Seas at the Castle in a "Lagoon View" they are all very nice and tranquil ... just have to appreciate the qualities of each!

I know others posted pics elsewhere ... but here are a few of mine just for you!!!

***Click pics for a LARGER view***

Trust me ... you will LOVE it!!! The Poly has one of, if not thee, best theme and has bar-none the friendliest group of cast members you will ever find!!!

Have a magical day!

Frank
Disney DieHard

WDW123 I am truly pleased that you are psyched about your upcoming visit to the Polynesian, however, as a Polynesian Veteran I feel obliged to warn you that once you stay at the Poly you will not want to stay anywhere else!

My family and I have tried many of the Disney Hotels and we always come home to the Poly! There's no downside to the place that we have discovered!

As far as the rooms go, whether you're paying $350 p/n for a "Garden View" or $650 p/n for a "Concierge Lagoon View" the rooms are all the same! The views are all very nice it's just your personal preference! But whether you're looking at the tropical foliage in a "Garden View" room, or looking at the pool in a "Water View" room, or gazing across the 7 Seas at the Castle in a "Lagoon View" they are all very nice and tranquil ... just have to appreciate the qualities of each!

I know others posted pics elsewhere ... but here are a few of mine just for you!!!

***Click pics for a LARGER view***

Trust me ... you will LOVE it!!! The Poly has one of, if not thee, best theme and has bar-none the friendliest group of cast members you will ever find!!!

Have a magical day!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Frank,

Just wanted to point out what a breath of fresh air you are her on the DIS!
Nice to see some nice and friendly posts!! :)
I have been going back and forth for our upcoming stay, I hadPoly booked, then jumped to GF, and now second guessing myself...lol!

I have THE best wedding photos as we were married at Sunset Pointe:) I havent stayed at the Poly since 03! Room cat's are slim with my AP rate ..waiting to see what opens up!

Great photos and comments!!

Thank-you for the very nice comment! It is most appreciated!!! :love:

Now you were saying that you're bouncing back and forth between a possible stay at either Poly or G.F.? I assumed you stayed at both?

Okay, I think by virtue of this thread we agree that Poly is FANTASTIC!!! However, I am eager to get your opinion on G.F. ... if you have stayed there before. Whether you have or have not here's mine...

Back in 1999 after I turned 18 I came into a little money from when I was 5 and a car hit me. So I figured I'd take a little piece of that settlement and give it to my father and he could upgrade our hotel to the G.F. Prior to that the closest we'd come to those types of hotels was looking at them as we zipped by on the ferry to M.K. and we always wondered what it'd be like to stay there.

So, we booked the G.F. and when we finally got there and had been there for 2 or so days ... I must say ... we were really disappointed with it. The rooms seemed small to us ***This is coming from people who stayed the the Carribean Beach the previous year*** and the whole place was cold.

I don't mean the A/C was too high either. The guests and even the cast members seemed very snobbish and stuck up ... we'd say "Good Morning" to cast members as we passed by and they looked at us as if to ask "Are you talking to me?"

We were originally booked for 2 weeks at the G.F. instead we transfered to the Contemporary Tower and stayed with that hotel until they redid the rooms just recently.

So DisneyBride ... my lady ... if you DID stay at the G.F. before did you have a similar experience? If you did NOT stay at the G.F. before ... that was MY experience I certainly pray that you don't feel the same way when/if you go!

Take care and look forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Have A Magical Day!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Well, I am known around these parts as a Resort Changer..lol we even have a thread abt it!
ANyway, I still love to plan trips with a few nights in a non DVC resort..and I do love the MK area so!
Poly was my first WDW trip, had my own connecting LV room at 13! lol (Was my cousins' babysitter) Sweet!

You have assumed correctly..we stayed post wedding at GF. So of course my memories are magical because it was a special time. We were upgraded, my in laws were upgraded...We had our rehearsal dinner at narcoosee's...
However, my heart belongs to Poly as I chose that for our wedding site;)
We had abt 20 guests that *decided* to join us....so what to do..we booked the luau for all of us after the wedding:)
Maybe I will post a few pics....

Anyway, back to the GF..when we first walked in, my DS, 9 at the time said, "No offense mom, this place is too fancy!"...lol
My opinion is based on that experience of the GF, so it is favorable.
I find alot of folks at time at WDW in general do not make eye contact in fear of receiving a friendly hello from another?! I dont get it......
So for this upcoming trip, I have changed from GF to CR...we have not stayed as of yet..however, I am teetering on the palm tree to head back to the Poly:)
We visit every WDW time for that Poly *sigh*..;)
SO I am debating if I shall book CL and really enjoy the best that the Poly has to offer.....
Will look for some pics..

BobDiWedding_035.jpg

*missing from this shot, my in laws from SF...forgot the time while in the CL Lounge at GF...eerrrr..lol* strike against GF..lol

BobDiWedding_006.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

BobDiWedding_069.jpg

To the OP...there is a long Poly pics thread here...assuming you found it;) ?

IMG_0050.jpg

CJWDW_2007-081.jpg

OMG DisneyBride03 THAT IS AWESOME!!! Beautiful pics I must say! I really hope that when I finally meet somebody she is a Disney freak like me because a Disney wedding has to be one of the ultimate experiences!!!:goodvibes

THANK-YOU for sharing!!!:flower3:

Have A Magical Day!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

OMG DisneyBride03 THAT IS AWESOME!!! Beautiful pics I must say! I really hope that when I finally meet somebody she is a Disney freak like me because a Disney wedding has to be one of the ultimate experiences!!!:goodvibes

THANK-YOU for sharing!!!:flower3:

Have A Magical Day!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Thanks for the kind comments:) Dh is not a Disney freak like me, but he humors me cause he knows what makes me happy:)

In the first picture from Disney Bride in the stone there is a hidden mickey!!
See if you can spot it!!!!:mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey:

In the first picture from Disney Bride in the stone there is a hidden mickey!!
See if you can spot it!!!!:mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey: :mickeyjum :smickey:

:worship:

I cannot believe I never noticed that!!! ALl this time, I never ever looked at anything else in that pic except for all of us....:lmao: that is awesome!!

Thank you so much!:cheer2 Great job!

Anyone have pics of the Polly??? I would love to see them, we are going in august after our April trip, and really want to see some PICS, please post!!!:thumbsup2
I don't have any of my PR photos web ready other than my Wishes shots from the PR-Hawaii building linked below in my signature area.

DisneyBride'03 - your pics are great! What a beautiful bride you were. And I LOVE your choice of location :cloud9: THAT is THE view :thumbsup2

Here are some Poly pics of mine:

DSC03383-2.jpg

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03341.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

:cloud9:

Those are beautiful! Thanks for the lovely comments as well!! That LV CL is to die for, I think that IS the view to have while in WDW!
It's like what Walt envisioned:)

I was torn....went with GV knowing we would have that LV in the lounge, and I want to have lots of goodies in the room for my DD's!
THinking about a photo session too...would love to get a nice shot of DDalmsot3 by herself at Sunset Pointe in a cute pose...where we got married..and surprise DH...and have shots taken of the girls where DH and I were photographed on the beach!
Our anniv and youngest DD's birthday is the same day:) (june 28) also GF's birthday! lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter