Poly DVC expansion coming 2024!

I own at SSR and there are pools spread all over the complex that I have to pay for even though not all of them are convenient for me to use when I am staying there...this would be no different. When the treehouses were added, so was a pool which is now part of the annual dues budget.

The difference here is that the new recreational facilities (pool) will be pretty far away for PVB. With other associations, the pools are spread out, but you can book a room near them. And you can take the thought further, would PVB have to pay for shared spaces within the Tower? As you take it further, I think it gets more likely to upset PVB owners. At that point, why not just charge us for the VGF recreational facilities? I'm kidding, but...

I tend to also think that if they go the CCV route, the pool will be a common element of Poly2. Because if it were for the hotel, wouldn't WDPR need to pay for it instead of DVD? But, I'm not convinced that they could or would charge PVB dues for it. Remember that PVB's POS only discusses common facilities with the hotel. If Poly2 is a separate association, then PVB's POS doesn't speak to that.

IMO, the Poly2 pool will be open to all guests staying at the Poly & PVB as well as those staying in the new tower. Disney will not want to enforce restricted access. It's costly and just not worth upsetting guests. It's easier and much less costly to just make that pool a shared amenity.

IMO, the Poly2 pool will be open to all guests staying at the Poly & PVB as well as those staying in the new tower. Disney will not want to enforce restricted access. It's costly and just not worth upsetting guests. It's easier and much less costly to just make that pool a shared amenity.
I agree that it's not worth the hassle for Disney. But I think making it separate associations opens up these questions about shared dues and restricted access. So, to me it supports more an argument that they would be the same association.

The difference here is that the new recreational facilities (pool) will be pretty far away for PVB. With other associations, the pools are spread out, but you can book a room near them. And you can take the thought further, would PVB have to pay for shared spaces within the Tower? As you take it further, I think it gets more likely to upset PVB owners. At that point, why not just charge us for the VGF recreational facilities? I'm kidding, but...

I tend to also think that if they go the CCV route, the pool will be a common element of Poly2. Because if it were for the hotel, wouldn't WDPR need to pay for it instead of DVD? But, I'm not convinced that they could or would charge PVB dues for it. Remember that PVB's POS only discusses common facilities with the hotel. If Poly2 is a separate association, then PVB's POS doesn't speak to that.

The POS does state that PVB will be responsible for its share of common facilities with the hotel,, definitely true.

So, if it’s a new association then PVB, the hotel, and Poly tower will become three entitles on the complex.

You are correct that the PVB will be updated to include a relationship access to the recreational facilities at the tower and PVB condo association ..just like they did with CCV..because the pool, is being added to an amenity at the Poly resort, even if it is DVD paying for it as part of a new DVC tower. It

That is the key..regardless of how it is determined, it is going to part of the Poly Village Resort. For example, it could be named Poly Tower at the Poly Village Resort like it’s Bay Lake Tower at the CR resort.

The current POS does say that PVB owners have the right to access anything that hotel guests have access to as part of common facilities since they have no recreational facilities of their own.

Matter of fact, if the Poly hotel guests are included in access to what Poly tower has, and PVB owners were shut out, I think that could be seen as a reason to say the POS is not being followed..which is why I think everyone will have access.

Of course, If the tower is part of PVB, then PVB owners are paying for it and it’s expenses, no matter how far away it is, and the the POS will get updated so it includes that it now has recreational facilities.

It is part of the Poly tower project so it will be paid by DVD..not the hotel like I speculated yesterday..but it’s still being added to Poly hotel since it’s on the space that was the Luau Cover dinner show.

It will be the same type of situation if they add a new water taxi close to the tower. Regardless of association that new cost will be shared amongst everyone.

What won’t be a shared expense with PVB if it’s a new association is expenses directly related to the running of the tower.

For example, if it has its own lobby, with check in and bell services. Those would not apply. Things like housekeeping will be determined differently based on # of rooms vs one association that lumps them into one.

Now, where it could be a benefit to PVB owners in terms of shared expenses is grounds keeping and other common expenses. A new association splits with three instead of two..

I will say that the distance between the two is one of the reasons why I am more confident it will be a new DVC resort, with those at PVB and the hotel given access to whatever recreational activities come with it.

It is for sure a great discussion on how it will go and at least we are six months closer to answer than we were in March!!!

Last edited:
I will say that the distance between the two is one of the reasons why I am more confident it will be a new DVC resort, with those at PVB and the hotel given access to whatever recreational activities come with it.
Yeah, I feel like if it is a different association, they'll have to grant PVB access to everything, but Poly2 will have to pay the dues for it all.

The tradeoff to that path is higher dues for Poly2. Though, I think Poly2 was going to have higher dues regardless if it's a separate association. I would think if it's an expansion, they likely wouldn't need to price the dues as high.

The distance definitely is something . But again I view it as uplifting the resort as whole and dealing with the overcrowding issue. So, in that light, an additional lobby (to me, it looks like it will have one) and pool could help deal with the resorts overall overcrowding issue. If it's exclusive for Poly2, I'm not sure it'll help that too much. Though, also not sure PVB wants to check-in that far away, so who knows.

Yeah, I feel like if it is a different association, they'll have to grant PVB access to everything, but Poly2 will have to pay the dues for it all.

The tradeoff to that path is higher dues for Poly2. Though, I think Poly2 was going to have higher dues regardless if it's a separate association. I would think if it's an expansion, they likely wouldn't need to price the dues as high.

The distance definitely is something . But again I view it as uplifting the resort as whole and dealing with the overcrowding issue. So, in that light, an additional lobby (to me, it looks like it will have one) and pool could help deal with the resorts overall overcrowding issue. If it's exclusive for Poly2, I'm not sure it'll help that too much. Though, also not sure PVB wants to check-in that far away, so who knows.
Don’t forget that if VDH has resale restrictions, it will be an indication that new construction at WDW, including Poly2, will follow suit. But the shared amenities will still benefit Poly1.

Don’t forget that if VDH has resale restrictions, it will be an indication that new construction at WDW, including Poly2, will follow suit. But the shared amenities will still benefit Poly1.
I don't know that VDH will set a precedent. If Riviera was the precedent, they decided not to follow that precedent with VGF2. So they haven't gone all-in yet.

I don't know that VDH will set a precedent. If Riviera was the precedent, they decided not to follow that precedent with VGF2. So they haven't gone all-in yet.
As I mentioned, I don’t regard a quick hotel wing conversion as having any bearing on this discussion. If VDH has the restrictions, I think it will mean that all new “ground up” DVC resort builds will probably have the restrictions. At the very least, it would certainly strengthen the case.

As I mentioned, I don’t regard a quick hotel wing conversion as having any bearing on this discussion. If VDH has the restrictions, I think it will mean that all new “ground up” DVC resort builds will probably have the restrictions. At the very least, it would certainly strengthen the case.
They could have just as easily put resale restrictions on a hotel wing conversion, but they chose not to. You might be right, but I don't really buy that VDH will definitely show us what Poly2 will be.

Here is another thought. The Master Declarations do list all the ways that thee condo associations share can be calculated

So, if Poly tower is its own association and PVB owners are given access to it recreational activities, it does not mean it’s share would be equal. It could be based on likely usage

So, it could be determined that the Poly tower association pays a larger share than both Poly hotel and PvB would.

They could have just as easily put resale restrictions on a hotel wing conversion, but they chose not to. You might be right, but I don't really buy that VDH will definitely show us what Poly2 will be.

Only if they made it a new association and they may have realized that a resort studio only resort would simply not sell as well at the Grand if those owners weren’t given access to the larger rooms.

It’s the opposite of what is happening at Poly tower. It will have all room sizes as PVB except bungalows.

It just seems much more likely that a resort like Poly tower with everything right there will sell better than a resort studio only resort would be selling right now.

Last edited:

The only way to grant PVB owners access to the pool without paying would be to allow pool hopping to the resort for all DVC owners.

They can not give them special access for free and say Poly tower owners are footing the bill.

If Poly tower owners are paying 100% of the costs, then that pool has to be exclusive to tower guests.

If it’s part of PVB, PVB owners will pay for it, with Poly hotel sharing in some of the cost..and it will still be as far from PVB long houses.

Last edited:
Just don't see the pool area not being available for all Poly guest. Disney does not want to man the entrance to it like they do at SAB.

Just don't see the pool area not being available for all Poly guest. Disney does not want to man the entrance to it like they do at SAB.
I agree. I don’t see the pools being available to all Poly guests as a problem. When choosing from the non-volcano pools, most of the time people will go to whichever pool is most convenient. Unfortunately it seems the pool capacity overall will still be too low for the resort. An additional selling point for a separate association Poly tower could be an exclusive pool like at BLT, but I agree with previous posters that this would not provide a good experience for hotel guests overlooking a pool they can’t use and would not be a good idea.

I would love it if they tore down the Bungalows and make it all one DVC property. Those bungalows are almost always available, and they are an eyesore that everybody seems to hate in a big way. From reviews that I've read, the Bungalows have a lot of maintenance issues. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I'd be thrilled to see them go.

Those bungalows are almost always available, and they are an eyesore that everybody seems to hate in a big way.
We've stayed in the Bungalows and loved it. Might be an eyesore for those staying in one of the buildings overlooking that area but then again they may add to the South Pacific atmosphere for others.

We've stayed in the Bungalows and loved it. Might be an eyesore for those staying in one of the buildings overlooking that area but then again they may add to the South Pacific atmosphere for others.
I think the Bungalows are very pretty, but they need to be made more affordable. That's why I hope Poly2 come in under the same association so they can possibly fix the issue. I don't buy the argument that they can't legally do that.

Separate association, shared amenities would be my guess. I don't think Disney will have any trouble selling this resort. Polynesian guests will probably end up with a new restaurant, pool/hot tub and maybe their own gym instead of sharing with VGF. I think this will enhance the entire resort even if it is separate.

I would love it if they tore down the Bungalows and make it all one DVC property. Those bungalows are almost always available, and they are an eyesore that everybody seems to hate in a big way.

Agree 100% that they need to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter