POLY DVC standard view TP room request

Shughart

DIS Veteran
Good afternoon Disnerds <3

I am playing around on the TP site/room request area with the Poly DVC buildings. I know some Standard View room have a slight castle view. It would be MAGICAL, but I am also looking for QUIET (adults only trip and we will be sleeping in some, as much as one does on their honeymoon). We're also looking for a 5min or less walk to the Ceremonial House and to transportation. I am stuck in this section (Bldg Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3908,3907,3909,3906,3910,3905,3911,3904)

Room 3908 has a shot of the Castle, but none of the other photos listed show a castle view from that room. Does anyone have a request they like for Poly DVC, any advice?

Honestly, I wouldn't focus on seeing the castle as it's a side view not straight on. Nothing at Poly is more than a 2-4 minute walk. I would suggest just asking for Tokelau, 3rd floor to avoid hearing people walking above you if trying to sleep in. Enjoy your stay!

I was in 3942 (Tokelau, 3rd floor) and it was the best! Quiet and centrally located. Attached pics of the view looking straight, left, and right.

Edited to add: the “castle view” rooms in Tokelau are apparently the most requested so, chances are slimmer to actually receive one. Additionally, that end of the building is a slightly longer (probably less than a minute lol) walk to the GCH and the TTC.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 26

What’s the price difference for a Lakeview? My fav view at WDW FWIW. And you don’t have the kitschy Polynesian music on that side of the resort.

I was in Pago Pago recently, facing the courtyard. 3rd floor. So quiet, even though I was right across from the elevator and had one very loud child next door. The walk would only seem long if it was raining I guess. The walk to TTC was fantastic!

We always request Tokelau for standard view. Closest DVC to the GCH, but it's still a short walk to TTC.

Seeing the castle from a SV room isn't important to us because it's a side view. We either grab a swing or head to the point area near the bungalows (there are 2 benches there that see over the bungalows). For one of our anniversaries, we had wine, fruit, and cheese while on a swing. We also have great memories of quiet time at the benches.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Everyone requests those Tokelau rooms. I have seen desk tantrums about not getting them. And the odds are actually terrible! There are like 4-6 rooms that offer the side-on view, of 288 standard view studios.

Tokelau will be both closest to the GCH but also the noisiest. I am a big fan of Moorea for SV Studios. Guaranteed Garden View, quiet, and you will almost always get the request (because everyone else is requesting those 4 Tokelau units).

Book Lake if you want a castle view. It's the only sure way.

This is interesting for the Tokelau rooms since we just stayed there in jan first floor and loved it. Very close to the quite pool that I just realized almost at the end of the trip had a hot tub. Nice walk along the water to see the parade also close to GCH. Unfortunately believe it or not we couldn’t fine the TTC place from there. We were in Pago Pago and it was super close but anyways really like this building. Even had a partial water view

IMG_0673.jpeg
This is Tokelau from Touringplans.com - North is the direction of castle.

We requested high floor and north end of the building (which btw touringplans says that is by far thee top room request of all coming from their site so be prepared the chances are low). While we didn’t get it, we did get the above room marked in red on the 3rd floor #3048. That was still pretty awesome Since it did not have other balconies in our view path. Plus it was nice and close to stairs and elevator yet we had no noise from either. It looked down on the Oasis pool. Lovely! And check-in told us that pool is 24hrs as long as you do not disturb anyone else.

IMG_0674.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter