Poly Expansion Watch

Do you know where people find these permits and are able to view the documents that have been filed? It’s not the comptroller site is it?
The batch going around are plans they had to file with the South Florida Water Management District.
https://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/MainPage.do Just search for application 220411-33929
Since it's water management don't expect interior building pics, but do see underground work and trees that they're removing.

So, construction- "do not enter" and "no photography" signs have gone up and marking of utilities has started. Looks like actual demolition / construction will be started soon.

I wonder if Disney might restrict monorail access in the future to only those with a monorail resort reservation?

I wonder if at some point DVC will freeze selling direct Polynesian points like they did with Grand Floridian. I also wonder if it is telling that DVC stopped selling direct Grand Floridian points and THEN later made the announcement about the Grand Floridian DVC expansion. In the case of Poly we have an announcement and direct points are still on sale. I wonder if this provides any hints about their intention regarding the same or separate association????

Now that demo has begun, can anyone onsite now or who will be onsite in the near future comment on the noise level from the main ceremonial house and lava pool? I have a stay booked in Nov and tempted to switch to the new VGF if construction at Poly is disruptive during the day (we spend a lot of time doing resort breaks) but GF is doing exterior work on its buildings too so I am torn.

Now that demo has begun, can anyone onsite now or who will be onsite in the near future comment on the noise level from the main ceremonial house and lava pool? I have a stay booked in Nov and tempted to switch to the new VGF if construction at Poly is disruptive during the day (we spend a lot of time doing resort breaks) but GF is doing exterior work on its buildings too so I am torn.

I can't say as I am not there but I believe the VGF rooms are just as close to the construction as the pool/GCH would be as the construction will be right inbetween the Poly and GF.

I can't say as I am not there but I believe the VGF rooms are just as close to the construction as the pool/GCH would be as the construction will be right inbetween the Poly and GF.
Sorry I meant the new resort villas at Big Pine Key—those are a further distance away than the old villa building.

Just curious, but what would be the concern about noise at the Great Ceremonial House? It's not like you'd be sleeping htere.

Just curious, but what would be the concern about noise at the Great Ceremonial House? It's not like you'd be sleeping htere.
While having an ice cream, at the pools/splash pad or while waiting for the monorail, loud noises are very upsetting to my DS who is autistic. Plus I like to sit outdoors for breakfast at Captain Cook’s and have a drink at the tiki terrace in the afternoon before dinner, and a lot of noise and dust would kill the vibe. We spend more time in the common areas/pools than in the room as we are usually up and at the parks before construction begins for the day, but then come back after lunch for resort time in afternoons. Really just not keen on feeling like we are on a construction site on vacation. I just don’t really recall how far away the old spirit of aloha/current construction site is from the main common areas at Poly to gauge if it would be disruptive.

While having an ice cream, at the pools/splash pad or while waiting for the monorail, loud noises are very upsetting to my DS who is autistic. Plus I like to sit outdoors for breakfast at Captain Cook’s and have a drink at the tiki terrace in the afternoon before dinner, and a lot of noise and dust would kill the vibe. We spend more time in the common areas/pools than in the room as we are usually up and at the parks before construction begins for the day, but then come back after lunch for resort time in afternoons. Really just not keen on feeling like we are on a construction site on vacation. I just don’t really recall how far away the old spirit of aloha/current construction site is from the main common areas at Poly to gauge if it would be disruptive.
It's not far as the crow flies, but I think the Fiji building will act as bit of a sound barrier. I don't think we'll see or hear much, but acoustics are weird and I don't think we can say for sure until construction gets underway in earnest.

I wonder if at some point DVC will freeze selling direct Polynesian points like they did with Grand Floridian. I also wonder if it is telling that DVC stopped selling direct Grand Floridian points and THEN later made the announcement about the Grand Floridian DVC expansion. In the case of Poly we have an announcement and direct points are still on sale. I wonder if this provides any hints about their intention regarding the same or separate association????
I would think that has more to do with timing vs anything else. VGF2 was a quick flip, Poly is a new build taking a couple of years to complete. I wouldnt read too much into them still selling poly direct currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter