Poly Expansion Watch

It looks to me as if this new addition may block the pathway from VGF over to the main part of the Poly. I really hope that I'm reading it wrong. One thing I loved at VGF is the ability to go over to Captain Cook's to eat. Unfortunately Gasparilla Grill did NOT interest me-got my mobile order wrong and was always messy.

It looks to me as if this new addition may block the pathway from VGF over to the main part of the Poly. I really hope that I'm reading it wrong. One thing I loved at VGF is the ability to go over to Captain Cook's to eat. Unfortunately Gasparilla Grill did NOT interest me-got my mobile order wrong and was always messy.
I can't tell, but I do hope thy keep a walkway intact in some form. We like to wander over to GFV too.

Sure looks like the path goes right through the parking lot. I'm sure it will be fine once it's done, the path could either go along the beach or through the parking lot. But boy will this be a pain during construction. Unless they route the path around the construction onto the beach?

Looks like there will be cabanas at the pool. 👍🏼
Also, the bump out into the lake at the north end of the building looks like it is for a dock area. Hopefully it will have its own stop for water transportation. 😁
I would doubt it has its own water transportation. If you look at the plans, the poly boat dock is right next to the Poly2.

Also, the bump out into the lake at the north end of the building looks like it is for a dock area. Hopefully it will have its own stop for water transportation. 😁
The bump just looks like the foundation to me. Otherwise the building is going to be right on the lake.

So looking at the plans from SFWMD for the application it looks like there's more infrastructure changes along with this, World Drive is getting a roundabout near the building, and with the water management the golf course is going to either a) be altered on a few holes, b) those holes removed and new ones elsewhere, or c) something worse. Unfortunately the plans just say "building" since no interior detail is required for the water management approval.

So looking at the plans from SFWMD for the application it looks like there's more infrastructure changes along with this, World Drive is getting a roundabout near the building, and with the water management the golf course is going to either a) be altered on a few holes, b) those holes removed and new ones elsewhere, or c) something worse. Unfortunately the plans just say "building" since no interior detail is required for the water management approval.
The roundabout and a slight reroute of Floridian Way that affects the golf course will be near the entrance to the Grand.

The roundabout and a slight reroute of Floridian Way that affects the golf course will be near the entrance to the Grand.
1649877571237.png

Looks like the Wedding Pavilion entrance is right before it, and the Engineering plans say holes 14-17 are part of the reimagining:

1649877653940.png

Does anyone have an idea of what this open area between the "Water Activity Pool" and the "PVR Building #2" is?

1649882119243.png

I would doubt it has its own water transportation. If you look at the plans, the poly boat dock is right next to the Poly2.
A dock in that area is totally unnecessary due to the location of the exiting Poly Marina.
Once again, my comments were about the permit drawing itself, not about what does or does not seem to make sense.

That being said, your comments got me thinking....

The Poly2 addition will be adding 1000+ guests needing transportation in that area every single day.
The monorail is not able to increase capacity easily or economically.
Buses are not the normal mode of transportation to MK from Poly.
The easiest, and cheapest, way to increase daily transportation capacity to MK will be by water.
Also, it would not be unlike Disney to just move the current dock location during the construction.

Again, it does not have to make sense, this is Disney!
(and they will change their plans dozens of times before it is done, lol)

Once again, my comments were about the permit drawing itself, not about what does or does not seem to make sense.

That being said, your comments got me thinking....

The Poly2 addition will be adding 1000+ guests needing transportation in that area every single day.
The monorail is not able to increase capacity easily or economically.
Buses are not the normal mode of transportation to MK from Poly.
The easiest, and cheapest, way to increase daily transportation capacity to MK will be by water.
Also, it would not be unlike Disney to just move the current dock location during the construction.

Again, it does not have to make sense, this is Disney!
(and they will change their plans dozens of times before it is done, lol)
This will certainly be a strain on existing transportation. I hope they have a plan for that. Even if most of these people decided to walk to the TTC for the boats to MK there (hopefully not) that is a huge increase in daily traffic with no increase transportation support.

Does anyone have an idea of what this open area between the "Water Activity Pool" and the "PVR Building #2" is?

View attachment 662309
That shack size could be an area where they manage towels and whatnot, an adjacent "pool bar" not in the pool like we've seen at a few resorts, or something else based on how much or little construction budget is left at the end of this thing, lol!

You know what I don’t see, a bus stop.

if everyone from tower uses the poly monorail and poly bus stop. Transit from poly is going to be a nightmare. Possibly worst transit on wdw

there Isn’t anything to do about the monorail, this will in my view make taking the train or boat to mk much more challenging during rush hours. But to share the same bus stop between tower and poly. No thanks, this could be a game changer and not in a good way

This will certainly be a strain on existing transportation. I hope they have a plan for that. Even if most of these people decided to walk to the TTC for the boats to MK there (hopefully not) that is a huge increase in daily traffic with no increase transportation support.

Why wouldn't they just walk to the MK? They are already almost at the GF anyway.

I used to regularly stay at Fiji (building #2). It was a very quick walk to the grand ceremonial house, about a minute or two. The new tower guests are probably under five minutes to the monorail, so I don't see any reason for them to walk to the TTC other than to get to the Epcot monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter