Poly longhouse info

Daisymeo

Future Zephyrhills, FL snowbird
For anyone planning a trip to the Poly in the next month or two, Aoetorea and Fiji longhouses are both completely closed for the next several months for renovations. I had requested Aoetorea but had read a post on the DIS it was closed so I called the Polynesian and spoke to someone at the front desk who told me both of these longhouses were closed. She checked with someone else to ask how long they were scheduled to be closed and they said for several months. This seems so strange to me that they would close two longhouses during the prime summer months and for such a long time. When I mentioned this to the front desk person she said occassionally they have to close to renovate things. Well I'll be there on Saturday so if anyone has any other questions I'd be glad to try to find out while I'm there. Just a heads up if any of you requested these two buildings so you can call CRO and change your room request preferences.

Oh no! We are checking in on Wed and had requested Fiji. My poor DU agent! just when she thought she was done with me, I send her a last minute crisis.
Thanks for posting!

My mom and I are checking in at the Poly on July 12th, and I'm planning on requesting Aoetorea. I just spoke with a CM at the Poly's front desk, and he said that it's Fiji and Tuvalu that are scheduled to be closed. I specifically asked about Aoetorea, and he said that it wasn't closed. I may call back later today to get a second opinion. I'll post again here if the info I receive is different.

I know this is an ongoing renovation, but does anyone have an idea how long this round will take?

*has flashbacks to the neverending GF renovation*

-Erica

Yeah.....I'll be there in Dec......would like to know how long "a few months" is to them. TIA!

WWC, If you call back let me know. I was offered a room in Tuvalu as an alternative to Aoeteora or Fiji so it sure doesn't sound like Tuvalu would be closed if they're offering me a room there. I had heard that Tuvalu just recently was finished with the remodeling. Well, I try to give accurate information but sometimes that's hard to do with the people working at Disney. Hey, I'll find out tomorrow because I'll be there then.:)

We just returned. Fiji is definitely closed and DH & I are both 99% sure the other one was Aotearoa. We ended up in Samoa with a beautiful view of the pool, GF, lagoon, and even a little of the castle if we stretched. We couldnt have asked for a better "garden view".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter