Poly Model rooms....

When they are ready to start selling. It will be a while since they haven't even broken ground on any Poly DVC....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Is there room for new development at the Polynesian? It is a popular cash resort, I don't see them eliminating existing rooms like they did for BLT and AK Jambo House.

TikiMan's website had a potential proposed plan.... And it sounds like he was told that yeah, they would take away some Poly rooms. Selling DVC points is very profitable. More so than renting Poly rooms? I dunno, maybe.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Right, but what the guesstimate of this happening? 2015? 2016? Any ideas or thoughts?

It's all just speculation at this time. I could name a half-dozen DVC resorts which have been planned over the years and later cancelled. The latest was a DVC at Ft. Wilderness for which Disney actually obtained construction permits around 2010. Three years later and there has been no movement.

Disney has gone thought the design process for a DVC Polynesian a number of times over the years. This one could actually go forward...or things could be delayed another 10 years.

Physical construction normally takes about 2 years. When bulldozers start moving dirt, then we can begin speculating. This latest rumor claims construction could begin before the end of 2013. If so, rooms may begin to open in late 2015. That's as reasonable as the guesstimates can get right now.

It's all just speculation at this time. I could name a half-dozen DVC resorts which have been planned over the years and later cancelled. The latest was a DVC at Ft. Wilderness for which Disney actually obtained construction permits around 2010. Three years later and there has been no movement.

Disney has gone thought the design process for a DVC Polynesian a number of times over the years. This one could actually go forward...or things could be delayed another 10 years.

Physical construction normally takes about 2 years. When bulldozers start moving dirt, then we can begin speculating. This latest rumor claims construction could begin before the end of 2013. If so, rooms may begin to open in late 2015. That's as reasonable as the guesstimates can get right now.

Thanks Tim! That is exactly the kind of guesstimate I was looking for! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter