Poly or GF LV for honeymoon?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Hi - not sure if I should post here or on the weddings board, but was looking for the most opinions :).

My sister-in-law and fiance are thinking of going to WDW next August for 6 days on their honeymoon, and are trying to decide b/w Poly and GF. They're looking to me for the best advice. I've stayed at both. GF for our honeymoon 5 years ago, and Poly as recently as Jan. We loved GF, although always said we'd only stay there again in the future for extra special trips simply b/c it's so elegant and classy, but not totally our cup of tea. However, we love the Poly, and actually think the Poly is the more romantic with its dark paths and torches. Also, we had a great view of the castle from the Poly (lie in bed and watch it change colors), while at the GF we had to look to the left to see the Castle. I think they're into the whole castle viewing thing from the room.

What's people's opinions? TIA!

If I was to go on a honetmoon I would pidk LV poly. It would be real romantic to walk the beach at night, just the whole experience would be a honeymoon made in heaven. can you tell tha the Poly is my favorite place in Disney:)

It would depend on what they like, I guess. I have a friend going next year and she has "Grand Floridian" written all over her. We, on the other hand, prefer the Hawaii themeing. Show them some pix online and see what they think!:)
Robin M.

We recently went to disney to see which resort we wanted to stay at for our honeymoon....we spent one night at the GF and rode the monorail to look at the POLY...We loved the service and well everything about the GF...the POLY was not what we were looking for ...for our honeymoon..we went during the day not at night...maybe that makes a difference...our room at the GF..had a perfect view of the castle...and the fireworks were beautiful...I say for romance go GF....

I also vote for the Grand Floridian (especially with the Lagoon View). I love the theming of both resorts, but the GF seems a bit more fancy. In addition, there are more adult-oriented restaurants at the GF including Narcoosee's, Citricos, and Victoria & Albert's. If you're willing to spend quite a bit on dinner, V&A is a perfect choice for a romantic honeymoon dinner. You even get to keep your menus with your names engraved on them. What a great keepsake! Either place you choose, have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter