poly or WL?

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
we are looking at a land/sea package with deluxe accomodations. Since the price is the same for the package no matter which resort, less GF, i'm overwhelmed again. I was pretty settled on WL for christmas deco and water parade, now the poly is tempting for monorail accessibility. I rationalize that the poly is a better deal is this case it seperately it would be more expensive.

main issues to my family are:

transporation to parks - mainly MK and AK this trip
service
crowds
room quality (both being older resorts)

I do know the POLY will be refurbishing during Dec., but i haven't investigated how/if this would affect us. We wouldn't book concierge but would love the upgrade if offered.

dec 7 - 14 or 3 - 10
DDs ages then 6 and 11

TIA:(

We stayed at WL the week before Thanksgiving, and loved it. It is a better themed and a newer resort than Poly. The Poly is more expensive usually because it has monorail access. WL has a boat access to the MK. Both have bus access to AK. We never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for the boat. Also, if the renovations to the Poly are in the any public spaces, you would not be able to use or enjoy them.

i once saw a website that listed disney's refurbishing schedule, does anyone know that link?

i don't remember the schedule for the Poly - or even what bldg to request! Tahiti??

Try this website: http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/
It has the rehab schedule and longhouse details.

We have stayed at both resorts and we prefer the WL (although we have only stayed at the villas). We prefer the theming. In my opinion it also has the BEST Christmas decorations. Also, everything is under one roof and not spread out so much like the Poly. This is a major plus if it's rainy.

In our experience the boat from WL to MK is just about as convenient as the monorail Poly to MK. Maybe even better. We have never had to wait long for a boat, but sometimes we have waited for the monorail. On both - you do not need to fold up strollers.

The Poly is a beautiful resort also. I think just longhouses are being refurbished and not any of the other guest areas - it shouldn't affect you too much. I also think the rooms at the Poly are a little bigger than at the WL - again we have only stayed at WL villas.

Both resorts are wonderful. Hope this helps.

Having stayed at both, my vote is for the Wilderness Lodge.

The theming is incredible! The WL seemed to be more inviting and is very easy to navigate when walking around different areas of the resort.

Granted, the Poly wins for transportation via the monorail, but taking all things into account...the WL wins hands down, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter